Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson and Charlotte Edwardes

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, that's his job, political commentators always want you to guess who they vote for.
I wouldn't be surprised if his bird discussed it with Pesto because of the fear of speculation that he out her up to it and damage his impartiality.
He probably said, if it's true go for it.
With Johnson's record and reputation he is as guilty as a puppy sitting next to pile of poo.
Just wish the other woman would speak up and nail the loathsome toad.
OK, wheel her out on November 1st. :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How coincidental and convenient.

Well think about that for a second. It actually makes it difficult for Peston to interview the PM now and in particular ask that question.

So I'd imagine they thought long and hard regarding running the story and decided it was the right thing to do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely the part to concentrate on is if the allegation is true or not?

Her reasons for choosing to report it now are likely to be complex and personal, speculation on those is foolish IMHO.

“I think rightly or wrongly they conceive of me as the person who is helping to deliver Brexit,"

Interesting word choice from Boris here. Rightly or Wrongly, surely he knows if he is helping to deliver Brexit? I know he disappeared for a while after the vote and we were all a bit confused about his involvement but surely he, himself knows if he is the person helping.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wouldn't surprise me if he's a bit sleazy.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Johnson told me what day it is I'd check a calendar. The bloke has zero credibility, he quite literally lies on autopilot. If this random doris said he fingered her under the table 20 years ago its hardly a stunning revelation. I'd probably be more surprised if he hadn't.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Her current partner "Robert Peston" ITV political reporter may have had a say in the matter.

Not only that, she is good friends with Roland Rudd a major financial backer of remain. So perhaps the timing is purely coincidental:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely the part to concentrate on is if the allegation is true or not?

Her reasons for choosing to report it now are likely to be complex and personal, speculation on those is foolish IMHO.

“I think rightly or wrongly they conceive of me as the person who is helping to deliver Brexit,"

Interesting word choice from Boris here. Rightly or Wrongly, surely he knows if he is helping to deliver Brexit? I know he disappeared for a while after the vote and we were all a bit confused about his involvement but surely he, himself knows if he is the person helping.

He is so arrogant he doesn't really care whether what he says makes any sense. As long as it is mellifluous, and said with conviction, he's happy.

I work with a guy like this. He is absolutely impervious to criticism, and on the occasions when I have had to call him out (and despite my demure performances on NSC, I don't mince my words in real life) he just laughs it off, and bears no grudge. He simply doesn't give a shit what random people think, because the people he needs to get in the tent with him are already tucked up in the sleeping bag with their knickers round their ankles. Boris is the same.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think it is more of an exaggeration of an action that I would think nearly every single male in their young days have done with no malice or great sexual connotation attached.

Indeed. I mean, who hasn't sneaked their hands under the table and placed them on the thigh of a women who they have no sexual attraction to?. It's just being friendly, right?

2019 mate.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Indeed. I mean, who hasn't sneaked their hands under the table and placed them on the thigh of a women who they have no sexual attraction to?. It's just being friendly, right?

2019 mate.
But this happened 20 years ago. It was ok to be sleazy then

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A minor event that is strongly denied , and it was 20 years ago........ Let’s move on, there’s nothing here......
You're right. Its only significant if a load others come out and and make similar or worse allegations

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You're right. Its only significant if a load others come out and and make similar or worse allegations

I`m sure there are hundreds of young ladies who have sat next to Boris who could claim to have been touched under the table and get themselves publicity.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would t be surprised at all if this was just the tip of the iceberg.
But, nothing will come of it. We live in an age where politicians and leaders get away with manifold crimes when just a few years ago , one of those crimes would have seen them lose power and possibly be thrown in prison.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I`m sure there are hundreds of young ladies who have sat next to Boris who could claim to have been touched under the table and get themselves publicity.

And I'm sure that it was those publicity seekers who downed Harvey Weinstein and Jimmy Savile as well

OK, I'm a bit tongue in cheek as I write that, but I suppose the point I'm making is that those who support Boris and brexit will choose to believe him no matter how many come out of the woodwork

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Christ most of us on here could be in the dock with what used to go on during the slowies at the end of the night

Exactly. .
No previous contact with the girl, so you had to establish pretty damn quickly whether you had ' a chance or not ' You had only asked her to dance so everything else was unsolicited. Blokes had usualIy had a few by the end of the night and rightly or wrongly just regarded it as a way of testing the water. The girl's actions told you straight away whether you had overstepped the mark.
How many of us have thought back to those days with a shudder at what we regarded as pretty harmless and normal stuff then. Now, touching any part of the body can be construed as sexual assault. Times have certainly changed.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
And I'm sure that it was those publicity seekers who downed Harvey Weinstein and Jimmy Savile as well

OK, I'm a bit tongue in cheek as I write that, but I suppose the point I'm making is that those who support Boris and brexit will choose to believe him no matter how many come out of the woodwork

But how many support both Boris and Brexit?
Many want Brexit to happen but not with this guy and there must be many who voted Remain who quite like the bloke, as he is likely to re-hash May's Deal, which satisfies many Remainers, keeping ties with the Single Market and Customs Union.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here