Huntingdon
f-Robo-Dog-89211-th.jpg

This ferocious beasty

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i sleep with a baseball bat near me, just in case anyone breaks in and throws a baseball at me

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Cricket bat. But I do play cricket with it at weekends. So not a weapon as such....

Not sure I'd want to risk my lovely Newbery on an intruders bonce and knowing me I'd hesitate as to whether to hit him off the front foot or not:)

Personally I have the butt end of pool cue lurking in the wardrobe. Maybe the Police ought to monitor the sale of baseball bats in the UK? Let's face it so few must be to actually to play the game, some for self defence as per this thread and then the rest must be for criminal purposes.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
A Martini Henri with bayonet (1884 Model) for the first wave and a 1796 British Light Cavalry sabre for the close-in work.

As last years riots proved the police cant/wont protect everyone all of the time so its better to be prepared then watching your pregnant missus get gang f***ed in front of your eyes............extreme exmple I know but tell that to the "lucky" couple visited by robbers in Finsbury Park a year or so ago.

Originally Posted by NickBHAFC18
My girlfriend of 3 years, she is a glamour model, check her out, Jessica Jane Clement

So you are hairdresser, Lee Stafford?

...And if you are, you have nothing better to do with your time than post on here, or is she at bingo tonight??

omgitsjames

Nov 24, 2011
California
I own several rifles and handguns which I use for shooting sports, historical attachment, and in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. Yes the chances of needing to protect myself is very low, but I like the peace of mind knowing I can defend my family when the shit hits the fan. However I do not think I would ever harm another human being over property.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tend not to get paranoid about such things. Am I in a minority here????

Nah. I've never even given it a thought. And I'm a GIRL.

You big tough boys must have nightmares :lolol:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This is an interesting concept.

How many people on here have ever actually had to defend their home from an intruder?

i have, i was stood at the top of the stairs with a one wood and a golf ball, shat myself and locked myself in my bedroom. The police came and nicked him.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I own several rifles and handguns which I use for shooting sports, historical attachment, and in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. Yes the chances of needing to protect myself is very low, but I like the peace of mind knowing I can defend my family when the shit hits the fan. However I do not think I would ever harm another human being over property.

I wouldn't over property but with a 2yr old and and wife in house I would do anything to protect them

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
However I do not think I would ever harm another human being over property.
thats the difference between folk i guess, having been in a war zone and having done stuff 'legally' i would have no hesitation doing it again if the truth be known :smile:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lawyers/Police mentioned a while back, that a golf putter could be justified as being in the house for legit reasons; but the proverbial baseball bat can not, as no one plays the sport indicating only bought for attack.

Like anything, how you used it would depend on the individual circumstances at the time.

It's all based on your perception of the threat to you (or other people). You could lawfully justify killing someone in certain situations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here