Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Weapon for home self defence

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Many years ago my grandad was mugged so he bought a gun before you panic edna it was a replica ,he told his mate at hove old bill station who was a super that he had it so no probs there. until he went to royal ascot and had his bag searched by security ,you can imagine he was in all kinds of shit with her maj being there ,he made the old bill at ascot phone hove nick and it was all sorted ,so be careful with your weapons of choice my friends

Don Logan

Banned
Feb 21, 2012
I just go ta bed with my fists cos i\'m a fackin geezer, any mug tries to av a pop at my faamily they\'ll cop it the caaaants.

Wasting your time there cocker. Anyone who makes it into your gaff is bound to have a toy of some kind. At very least you need a few heavy blades stashed at various checkpoints around your house.

The trusty Vietnam War booby traps. The one that swings down from the ceiling is the best, and impales the intruder on a load of spikes that penetrate their every limb, torso and head. Picking them off and cleaning the floor is a pain, but I get to keep my record collection and guitars.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I sleep in a chair with dark glasses on and a gun at my side.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Defence-Guns-450x329.jpg

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
This is something that has cropped up from time to time in my office too. As far as I am aware, if you keep a baseball bat or similar by the side of the bed for the sole purpose of battering an intruder and, in the unlikely event of someone entering, actually use it, you could be prosecuted. You are only allowed to use "reasonable force" to defend yourself/others.
If you have a bit of kit like a maglite torch (4xC cell version is good) that had a legitimate household use and give a burglar's head a bit of a dent with it in a struggle, then you're far less likely to be in trouble.

The 4 C version Maglite is a classic for the budding vigilante. For the more experienced user the 6 D cell version weighing in at a hefty 1.4kg and 495mm, provides more reach and offers a devastating "Take Down". However it should be wielded with care and subtlety due to it's high damage rating.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The 4 C version Maglite is a classic for the budding vigilante. For the more experienced user the 6 D cell version weighing in at a hefty 1.4kg and 495mm, provides more reach and offers a devastating "Take Down". However it should be wielded with care and subtlety due to it's high damage rating.

. A 5 million candle torch has sufficient brightness to temp blind your opponent giving you enough time to truss up the suspect and place in the boot of your car,avoiding the unnecessary clean up operation if you were to use a maglite which could also potentially result in a struggle that would knock your favorite albion picture off the wall.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Golf club, baseball bat or cricket bat are all too long, you'll only get one swipe with those. I'd go for a short cosh type thing or a hammer to get more blows in.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
This is an interesting concept.

How many people on here have ever actually had to defend their home from an intruder?

I was woken by an intruder who thankfully legged it when I shouted some naughty words at him. Since then I've kept a golf club handy just in case because, believe me, it does shake you up!

A pair of stout walking brogues tucked under the bed, Grandfather Wild Years oriental 17th century sword stick next to the headboard , fathers ex service revolver under the pillow, Simba and Mosley fearless pair of ridgebacks asleep but alert on the floor at the end of the bed, Mrs Wildy Ears sleeps closest to the door in Great Uncle Vlad's armour and all the staff have access to an array of knives and sidearms. Should do the trick.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Was having a discussion at work regarding about what weapons we keep in our room for self defence against break ins.

What’s the most popular?

Mines a Golf club but would prefer a Baseball bat.

EDITED

Driver, putter or a lob wedge?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was having a discussion at work regarding about what weapons we keep in our room for self defence against break ins.

What’s the most popular?

Mines a Golf club but would prefer a Baseball bat.

EDITED

Best weapon? The wife

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I know someone who had his house burgled and they drove all the stuff away in his car.

Trouble is the car keys were on his bedside cabinet about a couple of feet from his face!!!

That's the stuff of nightmares.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
My Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He won't see anyone off, but he will make the burglar very slimy from being licked to death. So should be easy for the old bill to trace him, by following the saliva trail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here