Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Ben Roberts

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Excuse me - but where is Eric, Eric, Eric Steele?

He'd get my vote if only for the Marx Bros impressions in front of the North Stand before every game.

Happy Days !:)

He was a real throw-back with that 'tache........ good stopper though.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Seagull_Stew said:
This is what I came across.
Obviously not particularly reliable, or it was maybe my interpretation of it that lead me to believe that Moseley played more games in those two seasons.
Still, imagine that team of 97/98 up against the team from 79/80 (especially with Brian Horton being selected twice!)
Actually, the more I look at that page, the more errors appear.

Both my Rothmans from 77-78 and Tm Carder's Seagulls say the same things. In fact Steele played in the first 38 games of the 77-78 season (as well as the last 15 of the previous season) until an injury forced him out of the last 4 matches of that season. In fact Moseley was purchased halfway through that season.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Got to be Moseley!

Remember the shot saved at point-blank range in the FA cup semi-final and tipped over the bar?

What about the night game against Blackburn Rovers? Blackburn get a penalty - Moseley pulls off a brilliant save. The ref decrees he moved too soon and orders penalty to be taken again - Moseley pulls off another excellent save! :bowdown: The only time I have seen a Brighton 'keeper pull off a double penalty save. The North Stand went mental! I think we finished up winning the game 6-1. Happy days :clap2: :lolol:

Seagull Stew

Jul 30, 2003
Brighton
OK, can some mod please edit this poll to include Eric Steele? And maybe Ross Flitney too?

Seagull Stew

Jul 30, 2003
Brighton
RickofBHAFC said:
What about the night game against Blackburn Rovers? Blackburn get a penalty - Moseley pulls off a brilliant save. The ref decrees he moved too soon and orders penalty to be taken again - Moseley pulls off another excellent save! :bowdown: The only time I have seen a Brighton 'keeper pull off a double penalty save. The North Stand went mental! I think we finished up winning the game 6-1. Happy days :clap2: :lolol:

I think we were playing Carlisle that night.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
patcham seagulls said:
does anyone remember a young lad "brian mckenna", i think played in goal against boro at home 90-91 season. Everything went wrong for him, every mistake ended up with them scoring, lost 2-4 and never saw him again.
Often wonder was he that bad , would boro have scored 4 that day whoever played.
what happened to him.

I think he also played in the Graham Moseley Testimonial against Tottenham a few days before the Boro game. He came on as a sub and his first action was to pick the ball out if the net after Gazza curled a beauty of a free kick into the corner. For some reason the ref ordered a retake and Gazza put it in EXACTLY the same place, with exactly the same result. So the poor lad got to concede two goals without even touvhing the ball!

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Another vote for Eric Steele - considering he is not on the list he seems to be popular, and I would challenge the fact quoted that he was never a regular during any season?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Mose for me with FDM a close second.

Digweed deserves an honourable mention for losing a testicle for the cause.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
F.D.M. is the best shot-stopper I have ever seen at the club. But overall I'd go for Seaford's own Brian Powney.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Jimmy Saville said:
Mose for me with FDM a close second.

Digweed deserves an honourable mention for losing a testicle for the cause.

nscperry3.jpg

Perry for me.. He still looks like he could do a job for us
( taken late last year) :clap2:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
garry nelsons left foot said:
I think he also played in the Graham Moseley Testimonial against Tottenham a few days before the Boro game. He came on as a sub and his first action was to pick the ball out if the net after Gazza curled a beauty of a free kick into the corner. For some reason the ref ordered a retake and Gazza put it in EXACTLY the same place, with exactly the same result. So the poor lad got to concede two goals without even touvhing the ball!

Actually, the young keeper in this game was David James, no less

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Where's Andy 'oops I've failed to get anywhere near the corner better get back in my goal before they score... *falls tit over arse*?

Seriously, Kuipers best i've seen but that doesn't say much. Bit harsh that NOBODY voted Ormerod, surely better than Walton? :jester:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Anyone remember a Yank keeper called Jurgen Sommer, played against Cambridge away i think in a tedious 0-0 draw - must have done OK as kept a clean sheet

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've gone for John Keeley. The best goalkeeper I've ever seen in a one-on-one situation. We didn't used to sing "You'll ne-ver beat John Keeley!!" for nothing you know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No Andy Petterson ?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Seagull Stew, think the 6-1 win over Carlisle was on a Saturday afternoon, unless of course we did them twice by the same score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here