• Michel Kuipers

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Ben Roberts

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
JC = Top Bloke, I used to sit behind the goal and look forward to watching him in every game - a true pro, and always took the time to talk to the crowd behind the goal.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
FDM for me, many great saves to earn vital points.
My memories of Keelo and Digweed are rather faint and I just can't vote for Rust, Ormerod or Walton.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i cant believe all the people that have gone for Kuipers.
A good keeper yes but not in the class of several on that list.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
John Keeley??? Great character but I can't see how anyone (who saw them) could rate him above Grummitt, Steele or Moseley. Corrigan imo was a spent force when he was here, had a couple of great games but was very slow at getting down to a ball. FDM could well be up there by the time he retires, he gets better all the time. Roberts is class but will be remembered as injury prone rather than great.

Mark Beeney was potentially great but I don't think he ever got an extended run at Leeds ?

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Moseley for me top kepper:clap2: :clap2:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
What no Eric Steele?? How can you not include one of the best and perhaps smallest keepers in the 30 years I've been watching the Albion??

Whenever there is a poll like this it is always biased towards the last 5-10 years which I think represents the average population on NSC. Can we please have a more balanced view of the timescale the poll is about please! :angry: :angry:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Willow said:
Graham Moseley for me.

I remember Moseley won player of the season in 84/85, any other of those keepers won player of the season awards?

Keeley won more than 1 i beleive. Quality.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
moseley had some blinding games one the way up to and in old div ,these were the days when keepers were men, he is also the only keeper on the list to be compared to gordon banks.........it's mozza for me.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Brian Powney by a mile .... but I think he had left us by 1975 (30 years ago!) .... the guy was an amazing keeper for us in the late 60s and early 70s ... truly a class apart

Seagull Stew

Jul 30, 2003
Brighton
binary said:
What no Eric Steele?? How can you not include one of the best and perhaps smallest keepers in the 30 years I've been watching the Albion??

Whenever there is a poll like this it is always biased towards the last 5-10 years which I think represents the average population on NSC. Can we please have a more balanced view of the timescale the poll is about please! :angry: :angry:

Like I said earlier I have only included keepers that have played a majority of games between the sticks in any one season. Eric Steele in his heyday was always Pipped each year by Moseley (or was it Digweed?) so I haven't included him. Having said that, he was maybe slightly better than Nicky Rust.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seagull_Stew said:
so I haven't included him. Having said that, he was maybe slightly better than Nicky Rust.

I think I can say with 100% confidence that you never saw Eric (Groucho) Steele play if you can draw a conclusion like that :)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Seagull_Stew said:
Eric Steele in his heyday was always Pipped each year by Moseley (or was it Digweed?) so I haven't included him.

has to have been Moseley..but are you sure Mose played more games in 77/78 or 78/79 than Steele..would have chosen Eric if he was a choice..

Peter Grummitt, for one fantastic save he made - the second best save I ever saw after Godon Banks from Pele. Can't remember who against, but I know it was in the south goal at the
Goldstone.

I never really rated Moseley although he did us proud in the cup run, and I couldn't see anything special in Eric Steele, although a nice guy and very helpful when he ran a goalkeepers course at Roedean when Commander was a mere able seaman!

Powney was good as well; over the years we've usually had decent keepers; shame we couldn't maintain the standard through the other ten outfielders though!

And FDM runs Grummitt pretty close in my book; a great shotstopper, how many times has he made fantastic saves at crucial times? A brilliant save when we are 3-0 up means nothing in terms of points; he has the knack of making them to turn potential losses into draws and potential draws into wins. Prone to the odd error, and not the greatest kicker, but then only those of us who post on NSC are perfect and never make mistakes :D

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Eric Steele taught me to practice hand/eye co-ordination using a tennis ball when he visited Balfour Juniors in the late 70's.

Anyone remember that Banks-esque save he made at West Brom. Save of the season '81 I think. Strange how you remember some things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here