• Michel Kuipers

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Ben Roberts

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Dunno where you got your figures from but Steele played 38 games out of 42 in the 1977-78 season and 25/42 in the 78-79 season. Thats a majority in two seasons.

I've gone for Grummit too. As I kid I'd spend whole matches just watching him. He'd have been playing in Division 1 if injury had not cruelly forced him to retire.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
sydney said:
moseley had some blinding games one the way up to and in old div ,these were the days when keepers were men, he is also the only keeper on the list to be compared to gordon banks.........it's mozza for me.

I think that save was a home game V Everton (i may be wrong)
in front of the North Stand.

What i remember of it was very similar to the Bank's save:clap2:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Willow said:
Graham Moseley for me.

I remember Moseley won player of the season in 84/85, any other of those keepers won player of the season awards?

I think Digweed won it 1990-91 didn't he?
i thought they gave it to him before the Ipswich game.

Roberts for me

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Theatre of Trees said:
Dunno where you got your figures from but Steele played 38 games out of 42 in the 1977-78 season and 25/42 in the 78-79 season. Thats a majority in two seasons.

Ah good...didnt think I was imagining Eric played most of those two seasons

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
is it just my memory or did Nicky Rust constantly shout the f-word at no-one in particular all the time?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Roberts, End of last season, had the defence organised like Michael Jackson :lolol:

Seagull Stew

Jul 30, 2003
Brighton
Theatre of Trees said:

I've gone for Grummit too. As I kid I'd spend whole matches just watching him. He'd have been playing in Division 1 if injury had not cruelly forced him to retire.

This is what I came across.
Obviously not particularly reliable, or it was maybe my interpretation of it that lead me to believe that Moseley played more games in those two seasons.
Still, imagine that team of 97/98 up against the team from 79/80 (especially with Brian Horton being selected twice!)
Actually, the more I look at that page, the more errors appear.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seagull_Stew said:
I've only included players who have, at some point in their Albion career, had the majority of appearances as goalkeeper in one season. I believe, although Eric Steele was with us for a few years, he was never the most picked in any one season.
As you will notice, I also haven't included Will Packham, Mark Patterson or the great Tony Meola!

That's surely not right 78-79, 79-80 wasn't Eric first choice?

Eric by far and away the best

.....then Beeney

... the Moseley

Digweed was the the worst!!!!
:censored:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seagull_Stew said:
This is what I came across.
Obviously not particularly reliable, or it was maybe my interpretation of it that lead me to believe that Moseley played more games in those two seasons.
Still, imagine that team of 97/98 up against the team from 79/80 (especially with Brian Horton being selected twice!)
Actually, the more I look at that page, the more errors appear.

Who's Lawrence? I know the mustachioed git has disowned us but I don't think we have to go that far!:lolol: :lolol:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
its so obvious that kuipers will win as he is the one that most people have fresh in their minds regardless of how good the likes of beeney etc were

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Peter Grummitt, Michel Kuipers, or Joe Corrigan.

None of the Marks.

Last edited:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Eric Steele for me, well it would be if he was on the list. If he wasn't the best he was probably the funniest! Eric, Eric, show us your bum!

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
does anyone remember a young lad "brian mckenna", i think played in goal against boro at home 90-91 season. Everything went wrong for him, every mistake ended up with them scoring, lost 2-4 and never saw him again.
Often wonder was he that bad , would boro have scored 4 that day whoever played.
what happened to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here