Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben Diaz.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Probably missed what's been going on here.

Weren't we supposed to be signing him this summer?

Thought he was going to West Ham but they found a chap called Francisco Scaramanga from Italy who appears to have the golden touch.

I’m guessing that he is still an option if we move Maupay on but my preference would be Kalajdzic as he is completely different from what we’ve got and gives Potter options.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thought he was going to West Ham but they found a chap called Francisco Scaramanga from Italy who appears to have the golden touch.

I’m guessing that he is still an option if we move Maupay on but my preference would be Kalajdzic as he is completely different from what we’ve got and gives Potter options.

Kalajdzic would be an excellent signing, but he seems to be being linked fairly strongly with some top clubs (Manchester United was the link last week).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Kalajdzic would be an excellent signing, but he seems to be being linked fairly strongly with some top clubs (Manchester United was the link last week).

Back to Brereton-Diaz or Kouame now then as Kalajdzic heads to Wolves.

If not, when we are without Welbeck, we’ll be playing quite different tactics.

I suspect that Blackburn could have their pick of some stunning loans to sweeten the deal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I’d go for Diaz in a heartbeat as a great back up and potential replacement for Welbeck plus he has more to offer. Great value for money

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’d go for Diaz in a heartbeat as a great back up and potential replacement for Welbeck plus he has more to offer. Great value for money

More to offer than Welbeck?! Welbeck is a FAR superior player.

Watched him a fair bit and I like him plus he does have genuine pace which not many of our players have so if he is cheap then fair enough for a reserve but he is definitely NOT a better replacement for Welbeck. He's also not especially a target man at all so as a back up for Welbeck which apparently we're after, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
More to offer than Welbeck?! Welbeck is a FAR superior player.

Watched him a fair bit and I like him plus he does have genuine pace which not many of our players have so if he is cheap then fair enough for a reserve but he is definitely NOT a better replacement for Welbeck. He's also not especially a target man at all so as a back up for Welbeck which apparently we're after, I'm not sure.

I think he meant we haven't seen the best of Diaz yet.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Definitely should be pushing for this signing. Will we? Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Definitely should be pushing for this signing. Will we? Who knows?

Alan Nixon seems to think that 5 ‘five’ EPL clubs are circling. He is really stirring this saga up on Twitter. Everton, Villa, West Ham, ourselves and Southampton. This means Blackburn’s £15m fee will be met but I suspect that we’d not be able to offer a salary level to compete with the first three. The club probably has a few options to chase over the next few days, sadly, I don’t think we’ll be getting involved in this particular bidding war as it’s ‘so not us’.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ben Diaz looking much more likely than Diaz on the Diaz thread. We need a thread for Brereton too............................... or maybe we should be in for all three of them? (not, IMHO).

Then perhaps a mod would spot it and merge the threads

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ben Diaz looking much more likely than Diaz on the Diaz thread. We need a thread for Brereton too............................... or maybe we should be in for all three of them? (not, IMHO).

Exciting isn't it? It was like when we after Bruno and Saltor at the same time

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not us [emoji853]

But rumours are that Dirty are making a last minute push for him. Everton & Fulham still trying?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Exciting isn't it? It was like when we after Bruno and Saltor at the same time

I remember once when Vince McMahon loudly announced during the Royal Rumble, that Yokozuna had been unceremoniously dumped out of the ring by Yokozuna

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Leaving on a free next summer.

I'm guessing that if they are competing for promotion/play-offs, he'll stay the season out or otherwise he might move in January. Don't think they're bathing in money so if they can get £6-7m in January they might take it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm guessing that if they are competing for promotion/play-offs, he'll stay the season out or otherwise he might move in January. Don't think they're bathing in money so if they can get £6-7m in January they might take it.

I think Sheff Utd are head and shoulders above everyone else in that division and Norwich should finish runners-up, but after that it's a lottery for the 3rd spot. I think he does move if they're out of the picture by Christmas and he's bagged 10 goals, and if he stays and has another 20 goal season he can fill his boots in the summer.

I'm still surprised he hasn't joined a Prem side this summer, and I'm also surprised Piroe is still at Swansea. Championship goals don't seem to count for as much these days.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Sheff Utd are head and shoulders above everyone else in that division and Norwich should finish runners-up, but after that it's a lottery for the 3rd spot. I think he does move if they're out of the picture by Christmas and he's bagged 10 goals, and if he stays and has another 20 goal season he can fill his boots in the summer.

I'm still surprised he hasn't joined a Prem side this summer, and I'm also surprised Piroe is still at Swansea. Championship goals don't seem to count for as much these days.

Bit surprised about Brereton staying but less about Piroe... he is a poacher, not really got the full skill set to play in the PL, bit Jordan Rhodes warning.

Agree Sheffield look very strong. Anel Ahmedhodžić IMO is a top, top class defender and I was surprised to see them sign him. Overall they look strong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here