Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham back to england - yes or no?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Definately yes, did portugal drop figo, france zidane, italy cannavaro?

And that SHITHOUSE lennon is not doing much.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would go for-

Robinson
Foster
Carson

Neville
Richards

Terry
Ferdinand
Woodgate
King
Carragher

A.Cole
Bridge

Lennon
SWP

Gerrard
Lampard
Hargreaves
Carrick

J. Cole
Walcott

Rooney
Owen
Smith
Crouch

Bubbling under;

Kirkland
G. Johnson
Hoyte
Shorey
Dawson
S. Taylor
Baines
Bentley
Pennant
Sidwell
Parker
Nolan
Barton
Barry
M. Taylor
Downing
Young
Agbonlahor
Defoe
Bent
A. Johnson
Ashton

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, he was only dropped from the squad so McClaren could show he had some balls and was his own man. a bit petty really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the frigging POINT of bringing back Beckham now for christs sake ? As of next season he's effectively RETIRED from competative football, as he'll be plying his trade in the Walt Disney Pepsi Max McDonaldship.

So I say again, whats the POINT of bringing him back for one friendly, and one qualifier against a team Coventry Reserves would beat comfortably ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
Whats the frigging POINT of bringing back Beckham now for christs sake ? As of next season he's effectively RETIRED from competative football, as he'll be plying his trade in the Walt Disney Pepsi Max McDonaldship.

So I say again, whats the POINT of bringing him back for one friendly, and one qualifier against a team Coventry Reserves would beat comfortably ?

Far to sensible a post.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
McClaren dropped him through poor form to show he wouldn't take any carriers on and would drop them if they were

yet Ferdinand , Lampard etc,etc.. haven't been dropped , so he's got to take him back with his tail between his legs

is it the right choice? personally no as he's shown nothing major in this season at Madrid (missed a chunk of it from being dropped mind) i'd rather wait to see if his love for the game came back when he joins LA Galaxy before i'd reinstate him (in the meantime dropping the current deadweight in the squad)

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
The heart says yes, the head tells me Easy 10 is right. Remember Beckham for his amazing one-man show in the qualifier against Greece and leave it at that.

What England's midfield is really crying out for is some creativity. Someone who can dribble, take a man on and leave him flat on his arse. Can Beckham do that? Can he f***. Sure, his corners and free kicks will get us goals but we could just y'know, do what good teams do and rely on getting goals from open play.

So now I guess it's back to Beckham hoofing long balls upfield while Fat Frank huffs, puffs and fires over the bar from 30 yards out while someone genuinely decent like Gerrard or Lennon gets wasted stuck out on the left side. What a massive leap backwards.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
yep best option that we have on the right, as his current form for Madrid shows. Should never have been dropped in the first place.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:

Because he's one of the best 20-odd English players? If I were Manager my tactic would definnitey be to pick the best players for my squad.

Oh and England don't appear to be as good as Coventry Reserves right now, so let's not get too over-confident!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DJ Leon said:
Because he's one of the best 20-odd English players? If I were Manager my tactic would definnitey be to pick the best players for my squad.
So come next summer (if we qualify), who do you want on Englands right ? A young, pacey, up-and coming International who's played a season of proper competetive football in the Preimership ? Or a 34 year old player who's spent the last year winding down the fag-end of his career in the backwaters of the Yankie-Doodle Has-Beens League ?

IDIOTIC decision by McLaren, but then frankly I expected nothing less.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If it weren't for Beckham we wouldn't have even made through the group stages of the world cup last year.

TO drop a player and bring in the likes of Neville, Jenas and Carrick who are not even good enough to wipe Beckham's arse, proved to me what a complete and utter tw*t McLaren is.

He thought he'd come in a stamp his "authority" on the team and it badly back fired and it could cost us a place in next years Euro Champs.

Steve Mclaren, I salute you :salute: :salute: :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here