Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham back to england - yes or no?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You clearly have a problem with Beckham !!

Truth is, he is still the best English right sided player, when played correctly.

McClaren had his back to the wall, and maybe out of desperation picked Beckham....... but Beckham performed in both games and deserves to be in the side.

The injury situation makes this a bigger story than it actually is

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a problem with flying crocked players halfway round the planet to play for England, particularly when they;ve been integral to the malaise of the national team and are blocking the progress of younger, fitter players with pace who should have been getting their chance by now.

So much for the McLaren revolution eh. Same old shit.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have a problem with flying crocked players halfway round the planet to play for England, particularly when they;ve been integral to the malaise of the national team and are blocking the progress of younger, fitter players with pace who should have been getting their chance by now.

So much for the McLaren revolution eh. Same old shit.

Thats all very well Easy....but who are these younger..fitter.. (better?) players. They dont exsist. They are all a crock of shit and Beckham is the best option at the moment. Its not as if there is a glut of players even close to replace him! He may be past his best but IMO he is still 10 times the player of Lennon who is a real luxury/lightweight/pansy/overated/*your description here*:bigwave:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thats all very well Easy....but who are these younger..fitter.. (better?) players. They dont exsist. They are all a crock of shit and Beckham is the best option at the moment. Its not as if there is a glut of players even close to replace him! He may be past his best but IMO he is still 10 times the player of Lennon who is a real luxury/lightweight/pansy/overated/*your description here*:bigwave:

Shaun Wright-Phillips
Aaron Lennon - injured, but then again so is Beckham.
David Bentley

We need to be integrating these players into the team, rather than trying to convince ourselves that Beckham is still up to it.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Aaron Lennon - injured, but then again so is Beckham.
David Bentley

We need to be integrating these players into the team, rather than trying to convince ourselves that Beckham is still up to it.

Lennon is too lightweight, Bentley...not sure, SWP lots of promise but little end product............i dunno they seem light years away from Beckham. Not saying if someone was promising they should be given a run but that three *light my fire doth not*

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lennon is too lightweight, Bentley...not sure, SWP lots of promise but little end product............i dunno they seem light years away from Beckham. Not saying if someone was promising they should be given a run but that three *light my fire doth not*

Agreed......S W P did not achieve much in the Charity Shield!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here