Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Any Amazon recommendations please?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Series 6 of The Expanse just started here in the USA. More twist and turns out in the Belt.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
In many ways you cant blame companies from seeking out ways to minimise paying tax so countries need to work together to close loopholes.

Just spotted this given the thread has been bumped, so apologies for resurrecting an old argument...

Anyway: one of those reasons why I find it hard to blame these companies is (IIRC) because in many countries they have a legal obligation to maximise "value" for shareholders (within the law). So, if the law presents a loophole that allows them to minimise their tax costs, it's arguable that the law requires them to exploit it in order to fulfill the requirement to maximise shareholder benefit.

Anyway, back to the actual topic at hand:

Anyone else try out Wheel of Time over the festive break? Been missing some quality fantasy from the screen since Game of Thrones ended, and having been a WoT reader before GoT I figured I'd give it a go. At the moment I'm not sure. Enjoyed watching them well enough, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they've made the mistake of assuming viewers will have read the books and therefore know what's going on and be able to follow along easily. The evidence from my Mrs is that they've got it wrong on that count - in particular the short scene at the beginning of every episode that tries to set the backstory via showing historic events was really confusing her. I was able to follow it well enough given I've read the books (even though it was a long time ago).

Also feels very much like Season 1 didn't accomplish much in terms of progressing the story. Season 1 does at least end logically - if there's never a season 2, then fine, not been left hanging off a cliff, but still ends with obvious "there's more to come". Feel that GoT handled the season endings far better.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The Protege. , American Action thriller
with Maggie Q Michael Keaton and Samuel L ( mutha ****er ) Jackson
Worth a look ��

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've blasted through Reacher, over the last few days.

Nothing particularly new or ground breaking and simple enough, but with a couple of nice turns.

I have been captivated by the 15 ratings.
Reacher does what Reacher does with a hand cannon and forearm smash.
Bones snapped, necks broken, bullets flying all in glorious close up.

The rating warnings have alluded to this with "violence" "injury detail" etc.
But also a couple of episodes have "nudity".

It turns out the nudity we are warned about, on the same level as a bullet through the head or a limb graphically snapped is about 5 seconds of (very nice) boobies.

Gawd bless 'merica. :lolol:

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
The Grand Budapest Hotel is on there now. I'm on a Wes Anderson vibe at the moment...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
For Bosch fans, after finishing its seven-series run it was then picked up for more by the fledgling IMDb TV for spin-off series, Bosch: Legacy.

Here it comes.....

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've blasted through Reacher, over the last few days.

Nothing particularly new or ground breaking and simple enough, but with a couple of nice turns.

Agreed. It reminds me of Bosch, which really really grew on me. Neither series would win acting or scriptwriting awards, but they're both so tight. Kinda like the video versions of potboilers. Definite page-turners.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just scrolling through Prime 'Free To Me' and noted a couple Inc The Peanut Butter Falcon, but not really worthy of a post until Endless Summer scrolled into view.

Mid '60's part surf film part travelogue.
Very cool and a must for all fans of Big Wednesday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Must be hard trying to fit work around it :whistle:

There aren’t enough hours in the day to fit it all in. Escape to the Country, Below Deck, Cops on the Rock. Whilst also managing my outside estate.

I do envy your skill of chainsawing, whilst posting drivel all day on nsc :lolol:. You must have great Kevlar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh yeah.

I watching Iain Sterling's new stand up show.

It was good, definitely better than I was expecting, and reached an incredibly satisfying conclusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here