Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Crikey sounds even worse reading that.

Good luck to him. My only worry is how soon it all is since the rehab, he's only 2 months in. A long way to go yet, hope he can do it.
I know what you mean, it’s very early to be discussing recovery as a few months sober (but good for him being open and honest) - sadly I’ve seen this before where people with addiction illnesses sober up and see the light, only to later relapse.

I’m keeping everything crossed for him. Might get an appearance off the bench today.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I’ve read a lot of mental shite on the forum over the years, I’ve even gone back and read the WWE thread Kev The Ape started.

However the notion that a teenager living away from home and earning tens of thousands of pounds a week must have been bullied in to drinking and partying is probably the biggest crock of horseshit yet. Go to any pub in Sussex tonight and there will be young lads drinking themselves silly and shovelling a load of Peruvian wallop up their snozz. Uni students spend the entire first year drinking, sniffing horse tranquilliser and trying to get their willy wet. Is that all because somebody called their shelf stacking or scaffolding shit on Twitter?

If anything I’m surprised it doesn’t happen way more often in such a public manner. If I had almost unlimited money fall in to my lap age 18 along with the pulling power that comes with being a professional footballer then I’d have died with no sternum and 17 kids before I was 25. FACT.
But what a great twenty five years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ve read a lot of mental shite on the forum over the years, I’ve even gone back and read the WWE thread Kev The Ape started.

However the notion that a teenager living away from home and earning tens of thousands of pounds a week must have been bullied in to drinking and partying is probably the biggest crock of horseshit yet. Go to any pub in Sussex tonight and there will be young lads drinking themselves silly and shovelling a load of Peruvian wallop up their snozz. Uni students spend the entire first year drinking, sniffing horse tranquilliser and trying to get their willy wet. Is that all because somebody called their shelf stacking or scaffolding shit on Twitter?

If anything I’m surprised it doesn’t happen way more often in such a public manner. If I had almost unlimited money fall in to my lap age 18 along with the pulling power that comes with being a professional footballer then I’d have died with no sternum and 17 kids before I was 25. FACT.
Never disrespect KTA.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
At this point, suspect CH might add, there was always a reason why I preferred Victor to Aaron, the lad wouldn't listen, but pleased to say has finally worked it out himself now - but CH too much of a soul of discretion type doubt he would ever publicly comment

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It is true, as not everyone is the same, and you cannot deny two instances in my family.
You have had experiences with your own family and have generalised it. There are many functioning addicts that earn good money and you would probably never know they even had an addiction unless they told you.

Others are telling you they have had issues and haven’t stolen a penny from anyone.
I know addicts that shoplift daily and sell their haul to feed their habit and also very wealthy people who will gamble £30k because they have the means to and will admit they have a gambling addiction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You have had experiences with your own family and have generalised it. There are many functioning addicts that earn good money and you would probably never know they even had an addiction unless they told you.

Others are telling you they have had issues and haven’t stolen a penny from anyone.
I know addicts that shoplift daily and sell their haul to feed their habit and also very wealthy people who will gamble £30k because they have the means to and will admit they have a gambling addiction.
The original point is the addict won’t listen when it’s pointed out that they are addicted.

Made his debut off the bench in a pretty important win for the Black Cats just now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here