[Misc] A thread full of Iconic photos

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
IMG_2537.jpeg

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
What I - and probably most people - didn't initially think about was the photographer probably balancing a tripod on a similar beam, to take the picture...
I might be mistaken, but this is one of the most iconic photos of all time, YET, nobody knows who took the photo.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I know people absolutely raved about this shot as the greatest Olympic shot ever etc, but to me it’s ever so slightly flawed by the cloud shape near his feet. It makes it look like he’s standing on a platform - of course he isn’t, but I just think the shot would have been truly great if that horizontal cloud shape hadn’t been there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know people absolutely raved about this shot as the greatest Olympic shot ever etc, but to me it’s ever so slightly flawed by the cloud shape near his feet. It makes it look like he’s standing on a platform - of course he isn’t, but I just think the shot would have been truly great if that horizontal cloud shape hadn’t been there.
Never noticed that before you mentioned it. But now I've seen it I can't unsee it. Still, more than enough verification available for the shot, so will happily settle for that. Would 'of' been practically impossible to fake in real time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here