jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IMG_3977.jpeg

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I’ve never really appreciated just how much we rely on photography to capture history and shape the world.

Great thread.
A few years ago I was at an informal charity auction where press photographers raised money by selling prints of their work. There was a guy there who from memory worked for The Sun and chatting to him it was incredible how much history he'd been present and witness to over a period of maybe 30 years. Gave me huge envy - he'd been there for just about every single "planned" UK event from elections to royalty to major sports events to state visits to funerals to celebrity weddings to music festivals etc etc etc always with privileged behind the scenes access, quite often with access unique to him, and he'd be flown out to a lot of global events too. For the unplanned major news stories he was often on the ground alongside the written journalists within hours. I'm not sure there's any other job that would allow a single person to be present for so many major moments, sometimes all within a few days of each other and see history literally being made in a way most of us might experience once in a lifetime if we're lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here