Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A FULL thread of POSITIVES.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can't see what he said, but I'm guessing it was still negative. Don't let him RUIN my VIBES.

Number 73 - We get to see Nigel Adkins again! yyaaaaayyy!!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well if Gus Poyet can sign such wonderful players and Ian Holloway would have no chance of doing so, can you tell me why this gulf wasn't so apparent last night? From where I was sitting, Holloway totally showed up Poyet for the chancer he is, just as so many others have done. You can't have it both ways. If you think his work in the transfer market has been so unanimously positive, surely you expect a lot more than was delivered this season and last night?

I think a lot of people still have a Withdean mentality, that we should be grateful for what we get and just say 'well done lads, you were great' even after the most humbling of defeats. I don't think like that. I see a genuinely big club with a top stadium and phenomenal crowds for the second division and so much potential to join the elite group of clubs in this country. With that should come pressure, and if you fail to deliver you are OUT. There is no excuse for failing with a club that has spent £10m on its squad in the last couple of years and is watched by almost 30,000 people every week, but fail he has. Again.

He inherited a very good side (hasn't bought any players there) and their youth system is amazing. The only difference between the sides last night was a youth team product who is going to Manchester United for £10 million plus add ons in the summer. We dealt with him well in the last two games but last night he was behind all their best moves. If we can get the academy sorted, hopefully in the future we can bring through players like him and attract quality young players.

If you regard fourth as a failure then that's your choice. It is our highest league position in my time watching the club and it has nothing to do with a Withdean mentality. We had some catching up on Championship teams as we effectively went up with a League 1 team, which is why we have spent a fair bit of money (still nothing compared to the likes of Cardiff, Leicester, Blackburn etc) but our wage bill is definitely not near the top of this league so we were punching above our weight this year. That's not negative, it is just realistic.

What really saddens me is I think you are delighted when we fail and can't wait to come on here and slag off the team/manager/club etc. Not what I would call a supporter.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had a stroke of luck in refalling in love with Marmite. I've almost emptied the current jar this morning. Maybe this isn't wonderful news, but i do quite like the fact that i have some left to scrape out joyously later today. Also good in related thought is that nowadays i can afford more than 1 jar a week, if i wanted. As a student and even much through my 20s i'd have to Marmite ration myself, probably so i had enough booze and fag money, but now i can unload an entire jar, perhaps after drilling a soon-to-be-buttered hole through the nucleus of an organic loaf, roast it for moments and then nibble on it euphorically and boatedly through a day without worrying about the cash for it. So that's nice.

And Bruno i think will be fit and backheeltastic all season next year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've had a stroke of luck in refalling in love with Marmite. I've almost emptied the current jar this morning. Maybe this isn't wonderful news, but i do quite like the fact that i have some left to scrape out joyously later today. Also good in related thought is that nowadays i can afford more than 1 jar a week, if i wanted. As a student and even much through my 20s i'd have to Marmite ration myself, probably so i had enough booze and fag money, but now i can unload an entire jar, perhaps after drilling a soon-to-be-buttered hole through the nucleus of an organic loaf, roast it for moments and then nibble on it euphorically and boatedly through a day without worrying about the cash for it. So that's nice.

And Bruno i think will be fit and backheeltastic all season next year.

Think of all the MARMITE you can buy now with the allocated playoff final money?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
No 17, when Watford beat Palace we will have finished above them 2 seasons running.

No.18, their heartbreak at Wembley will be bigger than ours last night.

No.19 their squad will be worse next season.

DanielT

Thinking about this today and the money that club would have earned is the biggest thing I am disappointed about. But that's a bit relative, as expenses go up too.

All thigs considered I actually prefer the championship. It's the most exciting league. Good quality, fast-paced football. The only league where anyone can beat anyone and high scores can happen for every team.

Going up would have been good but no way as rosy as the dream.

There are positives for going up and positives for not. Negatives for both options too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At least when we go up (eventually), we can still do so as Champions rather that via the back door this season. There are reasons we finished 4th rather than 1st and if we can address those this summer, we'll really be on our way.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Your family and health are more important than any football match!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I won £4.50 with my token £1 bet on palace winning.

I laundered £1 of that dirty money on Uran winning yesterday's stage of the Giro, which he did @ 33/1.
A further £1 went on Uran winning overall @ 80/1, he's now 12's.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
143 - I don't give a fart for the play off result :

I'm still lucky enough to be a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Number whatever
we can still have all the Barnes whingers on here and I will still have the option to hit the ignore button

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here