Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3-1 to the referee

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I have read all the posts on this thread and come to the conclusion that Reeves For England you are a complete ****.
I really feel sorry for you, you must get out more:salute:

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
That's a real coincidence Normandy, because having read your views on Oldham, I think that you are a total twat!

Captain Sensible, like Safeway says, I was just joking. It was an ironic post.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
f*** this! 3-1 3-1 3-1 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going ov er the pub, Started now and am too far gone not to have a hangover tomorrow, so gonna drink more and stare at landlady's TITS :p

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
How come then did Rockylatic see the funny side and you didn't use your brain. I think you read too much into it

Captain Sensible said:
f*** this! 3-1 3-1 3-1 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going ov er the pub, Started now and am too far gone not to have a hangover tomorrow, so gonna drink more and stare at landlady's TITS :p

:lolol: :lolol:

Quality post! Made all the funnier by the blatant emphasis on TITS. Good stuff, made me, quite literally, 'lol'.

Have one for me. :drink: :clap:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Back from the boooozzer. Tits were nice as usual. Beer was unusually cold. Maybe the hoyt weather. Anyway at least it seems that Oldham reevses bloke has pissed off! God what an arse he was.
Decided to go home rather than down the Harlequins (gay/straight) bar. Was being talked into it by this bird. She seemed quite nice but it must be the beer talking because i came home and decided against it. The good thing about going to a queer bar with a bird is that she will stay with you, think you are liberated and leave with you. But I think having thought abiout it that I've saved myself from a possible snog/job/one nighter witha bird ill regret waking up next to. GOD i am sooooo Sensible. Unlike the real Captain Sensible that supports Palace. What a shit! Goodnight. ..................

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Now Reeves for England feels hard done by because his club sold some of their best players. Pah! that's nothing, we were well known last year for being a one man team, our Chairman sold the one man! So the one man team minus the one man still beat you by a considerable margin.

Shut up Fuckwit!

BTW this thread must qualify for the most boring thread on NSC ever!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Having now seen the pen via seagulls world I can say quite categorically Reeves give it up it was a penalty.

The player jumped and the ball hit his arm yes it was ball to hand but the players motion was to deliberately block the ball if it hits any part of him that it shouldn't that's his bad luck and in this case it was an arm.

Good decision by the ref in my view.

I had some local outside the game ask us how much we had paid the ref...obviously forgeting that althuogh the ref was so shite he made several bad decisions, the benefits were equally split between the sides.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatbadger said:
I had some local outside the game ask us how much we had paid the ref...obviously forgeting that althuogh the ref was so shite he made several bad decisions, the benefits were equally split between the sides.

Where were you when I spent 4-5 hours telling our Lactic visitors the same thing

I won't repeat what they replied to me but you can read it for yourself if you can be bothered :lol:

Stumpy Tim

I've juse seen the highlights on Seagulls World, and it was a 50-50 penalty. Not as ridiculous as these Oldham fans are making out. Watson crossed it, and the Oldham player jumped & it still hit his hand above his head. His hands shouldn't have been that high. Simple

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
GOALS

OLDHAM 1
ALBION 3

SHOTS ON TARGET

OLDHAM 4
ALBION 4

SHOTS OFF TARGET

OLDHAM 6
ALBION 4

FOULS

OLDHAM 17
ALBION 14

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don't know what all this is about. Oldham were very poor, we did all that was needed to win - not much, but enough to be easy winners. I honestly couldn't see Oldham scoring if we had been there all week, but we relaxed a bit too much.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
are we going to have this long a thread on every game we play?

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
This is honestly the last time that I'm going to write this but:

I couldn't give a shit if you thought it was a 50/50 pen (which it wasn't). I'd still be this furious if the corner had been whipped in and someone had scored. The fact is, that it was no way in a million years a corner. The crowd knew this, the Oldham players knew this, the Brighton players knew and even the f***ing ref knew this. Only one person in the entire ground thought that it was a corner and that was the linesman. It wasn't one of these debatable corners, it was just blindingly obvious that it was a goal kick. Nobody was stood anywhere near the Brighton player and he kicked it high over the bar for a goal kick. The linesman flagged to say that the ball had gone out of play, so our keeper tapped the ball off the roof of the net onto the ground ready to take his goal kick. Unbelievably, the linesman then flagged for a corner. At this point, all the Oldham players were going mad and I said to a mate 'They better not f***ing score off this'. The corner was taken short and was then blasted against Oldham player, accidentally striking his arm. For the referee to give a penalty at this point was utterly disgraceful.

About 15 mins later, the ball was again kicked off for a goal kick by a Brighton player. But wait, a corner has been given again. Unbelievable. The corner was taken and was half cleared. The ball was whipped back in and Knight heads in a good goal.

So please, please, please don't try and pretend that his decisions were equally bad for both sides. He gave you one goal, assisted another and to top it all off refused to even SPEAK to your keeper after he committed what, on another day, could be considered a red card offence. Oh yeah, he also missed a blatant handball when Darius Henderson (at full stretch) tipped a free kick over the bar.

Last edited:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Christ you're going to have aneurysm if you go on like this after every game over such decisions as they virtually happen every match! This one, unfortunately for you, led to a goal for us, get over it. There are bound to be matches in which Oldham get the benefit of the doubt and matches where Brighton will be the victim of dodgy decisions its one of the neuances of Football. If you've been a supporter for any length of time you should realise that.

Move on m8 and enjoy a season which you should be thankful you still have a club to compete in.

Grizz

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bloody Hell. Is this thread still going on?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here