Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora left to rot in the reserves

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Tooting Gull said:
I can't believe some of the stuff people are coming out with about Bobby in his last season. He suffered a lot from injuries, was probably rarely fully fit and firing on all cylinders and still nearly helped keep us up.

He could have moved earlier for for more money and to clubs with bigger stadiums/better facilities/short-term better prospects but didn't, and clearly has a real affection for our club.

He was right to take his Premiership chance when it came, even if it was Spurs, anyone here would take a better job if it was offered to them, and compared to some other prima donna players was relatively restrained in comments about his ambitions.

Maybe some of us have just forgotten what it's like having a genuine star in the team (let's face it, it had been a while) and can't deal with it, and him eventually leaving.

spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolves away stands out as a game where the kid could barely run. he still played his heart out and scored a cracking goal.

he's an albion legend and some of the abuse he gets for last year is absolutely shocking!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Now Kanoute has disappeared to play in the Africa Nations Cuo for a month, then Bobby should make his mark and claim a place for himself.

I agree he gave his all at Molineux (but it was on tv) but his attitude at the Britannia stadium was totally different.

Come off it Yorkie, everyone is allowed a duff game now and then.

So he might have been poor at Stoke, but that was more than made up for in spades by his performances elsewhere.

If you want to see how integral he was to that team go and watch the Champions 2 video - he was AWESOME.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
further proof against swindon - first half we were fine without 18 goal knight. if it was bobby missing from last years team we would have been 3 or 4 down!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some unbelievable rubbish on here. There's more chance of Steve Foster making an Albion comeback than us getting Bobby on loan right now.

You need 4 strikers in the Premiership, and Spurs are about to go down to 3 any time now with Kanoute gone. And re. last season - while Bobby had a couple of games where he looked "disinterested" he was pretty consistent for the time he was fit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
yes

and i dont wanna keep banging on but 14 goals in a shit team when u only played about 10 games fully fit is pretty impressive.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:

So he might have been poor at Stoke, but that was more than made up for in spades by his performances elsewhere.

If you want to see how integral he was to that team go and watch the Champions 2 video - he was AWESOME.

Don't get me wrong, Storer, I loved Bobby being here and know how valuable he was. I also really want him to succeed in the Premiership because I would be proud of his achievement.

Stoke wasn't just a duff game though. He really couldn't be bothered that day & it was a 6 pointer. I know he was probably trying to avoid injury.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Storer68 said:

How do I get that top on your Avatar? I asked for xmas and got a retro 70's top. It's ace and can't stop wearing it But I do love that top you have there!!!
:flameboun

This one I know is in the shop but appears to be different.....

1-010.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here