Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora left to rot in the reserves

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is he behind that Rowan Ricketts now as well?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Choice depends on whether you want to play first team football or not as well - he has chosen not to.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
WATFORD O said:
Bollox. You were paying two and 'arf quid a week and at yid scum he is on 5k. Choice?

I think we were paying him a good whack at the Albion Watty.

I'd heard we were actually paying Bobby £5K a week but I can't substantiate it.

We certainly weren't paying him peanuts.

WATFORD O said:
MA is a quality manager but I fear he might end up with a Harry Basset type profile, i.e. he only 'saves' clubs...

what, like he 'saved' us from division 3, and got half way to 'saving' us from division 2? and like he 'saved' fulham' in the past?

i know it's xmas and everything and i think you're alright and stuff, but on this occasion you are talking complete and utter bollocks.

merry christmas, by the way. xx

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
His basic was £140k per year (2.7k p/w) and a 3k per goal bonus plus standard squad win bonuses etc makin up the near 5k per week figure over a nine month period.

For a div 1 striker, which is what he was, this isnt great but is certainly not low compared with other, more experienced forwards at div 1 clubs. He was by far the highest paid player after Cullip, Butters!! and Carpenter.

Dont ask how i know, i just do, Connectiions.

Merry Chrimbo (selecta)

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
I should say as well he was worth 3 times what we paid him and was the consistently best player ive ever seen in a brighton shirt in 20 years and this season we really just how spoilt we were with him and brooker (73k p.a.)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
basicly bollocks

he is not a prem player and never will be he has been given a chance he started approx 6 games in a row he has fared poorly when playing even the worse teams in that league he will go to a div one team which is his standard

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So, your agent says to you you can join Spurs, Charlton or Leicester and that Spurs are going to pay top whack. You join Leicester do you, GG?

Bobby cannot complain at how things have gone. He got a very good run in 1st XI when Kanoute was injured and scored one goal - fact. He'd be the first to admit he needs to improve to be the real deal in the Premiership. I don't belive that he would have had many more goals playing for either Leicester or Charlton at this stage, either.

If you believe you are the best, or capable of being the best, you do not join Leicester. I can see the argument for joining Charlton, but I honestly believe that in 2 years time it could be a very different story there - Scott Parker will move, Curbishley will move and they'll drop down the table.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
So, your agent says to you you can join Spurs, Charlton or Leicester and that Spurs are going to pay top whack. You join Leicester do you, GG?

Bobby cannot complain at how things have gone. He got a very good run in 1st XI when Kanoute was injured and scored one goal - fact. He'd be the first to admit he needs to improve to be the real deal in the Premiership. I don't belive that he would have had many more goals playing for either Leicester or Charlton at this stage, either.

If you believe you are the best, or capable of being the best, you do not join Leicester. I can see the argument for joining Charlton, but I honestly believe that in 2 years time it could be a very different story there - Scott Parker will move, Curbishley will move and they'll drop down the table.

even his goal james should have got, ive been to see spurs 4 times this year he has done nought

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's face it, it's very difficult for any of us to be objective about it (ie admit that he may not be good enough for the Premiership). It could be that Zamora is destined to be a squad player, albeit a good one. Look at Ormerod with the Saints, he is a popular player and scores goals, but is not an automatic first-choice, same as Solskjaer was at Man Utd, (though he would walk into most other sides).

My feedback from Spurs fans is that they like Bobby, and want him to do well, rate him above Postiga but behind Keane and Kanoute which is no disgrace.

I think he should stick around at least until the end of the season, but a loan to Reading is my big fear.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I think they should loan him to a team in the top 6 of Division 1 as a promotion boost with a possible perminant move to them if all goes well.

it is also the same with Brooker, it has ruined his career, he has only played two senior games for leicster and they were in League Cup games and other than that he has rarly been on the bench and is left to rot in the reserves, the only reason why he signed was because he wanted the money and a Premiership status, I dont think he will ever play in a senior Premiership game and can see him getting released on a free transfer and signing for a small division club.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was talking to a spurs season ticket holder (poor sod) earlier.

He said that Bobby is really well liked at Spurs and that his time will come. He also said that the fans HATE Postiga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here