Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora left to rot in the reserves

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Poor Bob has been injured since from back when he was still with us... his time will come

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hoddle brought him and wanted him and that will be a millstone around his neck. Pleat does not rate him or want him.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Gareth Glover said:
Hoddle brought him and wanted him and that will be a millstone around his neck. Pleat does not rate him or want him.

Very good point. If (and it's a big if) Spurs decide to loan him out in January, do you think he would rather go to a div 1 side or us, where he could help our promotion push and get us back into div 1 and be more adored than ever? I hope the answer's the second, but i'm really not sure. Him and Knight up front would be a dream though, that's for sure

samparish said:
do you think he would rather go to a div 1 side or us, where he could help our promotion push and get us back into div 1 and be more adored than ever? I hope the answer's the second, but i'm really not sure. Him and Knight up front would be a dream though, that's for sure

It's not often I get an erection reading NSC, but now is one of those occasions.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's good that the news from Spurs fans is consistent, as I work in an office full of the buggers. They all agree that Bobby will make the grade. They also all agree that Postiga is a waste of space, but cannot admit that Hoddle as manager was a mistake.

I can't see him coming back to us on loan, but if he does, I don't think I'd allow myself to miss another game for the rest of the season. It would surely fill the empty seats we've had recently.

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
PETER WARD DID NOT CUT IT AT FOREST.SO BOBBY IS GOING DOWN THE SAME ROAD.AS I DID SAY WHEN HE LEFT THE ALBION.THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN.ITS BEST TO STAY PUT AND NOT RUSH INTO THINGS BOBBY Z.THE ALBION IS YOUR TEAM AND WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR TEAM.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Zamora spoiled his own future by having no interest in our Div 1 season. Had he shown any effort in the last third of the season he would have had a choice of places to go. In fact had he not gone for a few more seasons he could have been good enough when he arrived at the premiership.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
fleet said:
Zamora spoiled his own future by having no interest in our Div 1 season. Had he shown any effort in the last third of the season he would have had a choice of places to go. In fact had he not gone for a few more seasons he could have been good enough when he arrived at the premiership.

I agree with that. When he first came to us he was quite shy and modest. However, a combination of selection for the England U21s , mixing with Premiership players and, no doubt, pressure from his agent to better himself caused him to jump ship to a Premiership club too quickly, in my opinion. I think he would have done better to have given himself more time, possibly moving to a successful 1st Division club rather than going straight into the Premiership. Mind you, the way Spurs are going, he could be back in the 1st Division next season anyway, if he's still with them!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe some of the stuff people are coming out with about Bobby in his last season. He suffered a lot from injuries, was probably rarely fully fit and firing on all cylinders and still nearly helped keep us up.

He could have moved earlier for for more money and to clubs with bigger stadiums/better facilities/short-term better prospects but didn't, and clearly has a real affection for our club.

He was right to take his Premiership chance when it came, even if it was Spurs, anyone here would take a better job if it was offered to them, and compared to some other prima donna players was relatively restrained in comments about his ambitions.

Maybe some of us have just forgotten what it's like having a genuine star in the team (let's face it, it had been a while) and can't deal with it, and him eventually leaving.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Zamora won't be loaned out. He has been out for a month with injury and has only recently returned to training.

Spurs are one point above the relegation zone and the strikers are not firing - they need him. I think that he will get another chance this season and will be an important player in their squad.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zamora is turning into a bit of a sicknote ?. He has some mny injuries I will be amazed if he is still in the game at 30.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gareth Glover said:
Zamora is turning into a bit of a sicknote ?. He has some mny injuries I will be amazed if he is still in the game at 30.

Owen had the same problem at first. He will strengthen up.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I reckon he'll start in their next game. Reports I saw on the game against Portsmouth said the rest of the strikers were crap, and he played well when he came on.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Safeway said:
Err, that SENRAB lot weren't it? :dunce:

(Bugger, you try and do a serious post and look what happens.)
yep

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Safeway said:
what, like he 'saved' us from division 3, and got half way to 'saving' us from division 2? and like he 'saved' fulham' in the past?

i know it's xmas and everything and i think you're alright and stuff, but on this occasion you are talking complete and utter bollocks.

merry christmas, by the way. xx

Like I give a shit. :salute:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Buzza said:
I think we were paying him a good whack at the Albion Watty.

I'd heard we were actually paying Bobby £5K a week but I can't substantiate it.

We certainly weren't paying him peanuts.

I think the point here is that whatever you were paying him spurs were offering double plus a huge singing on fee. END OF THREAD.

Albion Rob

Tooting Gull said:
I can't believe some of the stuff people are coming out with about Bobby in his last season. He suffered a lot from injuries, was probably rarely fully fit and firing on all cylinders and still nearly helped keep us up.

He could have moved earlier for for more money and to clubs with bigger stadiums/better facilities/short-term better prospects but didn't, and clearly has a real affection for our club.

He was right to take his Premiership chance when it came, even if it was Spurs, anyone here would take a better job if it was offered to them, and compared to some other prima donna players was relatively restrained in comments about his ambitions.

Maybe some of us have just forgotten what it's like having a genuine star in the team (let's face it, it had been a while) and can't deal with it, and him eventually leaving.

I agree that he was unlucky with injuries and I think he tried hard until there were about 6 games left then he realised that a serious injury would see him staying with us for another season at least and while still being a class act didn't get involved in the rough stuff. You have to question whether that cost us in the end (for the record the 11 game losing streak was what cost us IMHO and Bobby was injured for most of that).

Another point re. Paul Brooker. I took Albion Girlfriend to the Walkers Stadium (she's from Leicester) for the Birmingham game and was gobsmacked to find a Paul Brooker signed shirt hanging up. Looked like it had been there a while. Was torn between taking it to the till and offering a fiver for it or summoning 10 Leicester fans around it and finding out how many knew who the hell he was.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
With the situation of Kanoute playing for Mali, I don't think that Guy will ever play for the club again if he goes ahead.

Cue Bobby's chance! I hope he takes it and does really well. He never let us down thats for sure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
north stander said:
PETER WARD DID NOT CUT IT AT FOREST.SO BOBBY IS GOING DOWN THE SAME ROAD.AS I DID SAY WHEN HE LEFT THE ALBION.THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN.ITS BEST TO STAY PUT AND NOT RUSH INTO THINGS BOBBY Z.THE ALBION IS YOUR TEAM AND WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR TEAM.

Ward's problem at Forest was basically Peter Taylor wanted him and Clough didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here