Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora left to rot in the reserves

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This move to Psurs has turned into a nightmare for our Bob. He was closely watched by Hoddle for a year and finally signed but then Hoddle got caned after 6 league matches. He has only had i match when he had the full game and scored against West Ham. He has had 7 matches in the premiership either starting an being subbed after 45 - 60 mins or being a sub and coming on for the last 20 minutes. He need 6 full 90 mins to show his worth.

JHe is 4th in the pecking order now with Kanoute and Keane automatic choices with Postiga the sub and Zamora left to rot in the reserves. He will be loaned out to a div 1 club but I doubt would ever be signed by another prem club now. They have ruined his steady progression.

Bad move Bob.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Psurs ? :shootself

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very bad move indeed. Shame he couldn't come back to us.

Gareth Glover said:
They have ruined his steady progression.

"They"? Ever thought Bobby ruined his own progression?

'Tis a tricky one. No-one realistically expected him to stay with us in Division 2, and the prospect of him joining a larger Division 1 side was never discussed. It was always taken as read that he would join a Premier League team, especially after he made several (unsuccessfull IMHO) appearances for the U21s.

Yes he probably will go out on loan now but don't right him off for good. Brett Ormerod went to Southampton a couple of years ago but has only really made an impact this season.

I do think that Bobby's got what it takes to score goals in the Prem, but with Kanoute, Keane and Postiga there as well I'm not sure it'll be with Tottenham.

Perhaps a successful loan spell somewhere (a la Huckerby) before a return to the top flight with someone else is what he needs.

He's too good to simply rot away forever.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Which U12 team did BZ play for Safeway :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is currently injured, so is in contention with Postiga for the 3rd striker slot

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spurs are also signing Michael Brown on 01.01.03

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I disagree with you GG.

Keane and Kanoute are the real deal, the finished article, which is why they are first choice at Spurs. Zamora and Postiga are neck and neck for the third spot, although Bobby is more of a natural replacement for Kanoute which is why he got so many games at the start of the season when Kanoute was injured.

Very few strikers from the Nationwide waltz into the Premiership and start scoring, everyone knew it would take Bobby the best part of a season to adjust and, anyway, his lack of goals is partly because creativity from midfield is Spurs' weak point.

And where do you think Bobby should have gone if not Spurs?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Zamora. Decent strkier playing in my second least vae team - leaves and joins my most hated team. Am I gloating?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Leicester

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Micky wanted him but was not prepared to pay more than 1.25 million. He would have got the best out of him.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
MA is a quality manager but I fear he might end up with a Harry Basset type profile, i.e. he only 'saves' clubs...

Pavilionaire said:
And where do you think Bobby should have gone if not Spurs?

I always thought Spurs was a bad move for him. They're a club of underachievers with demanding fans who are still under the illusion that they're a big club. Whoever is manager, is under pressure to produce instant results and an immediate return to the glory days. ( There goes another flying pig! )

IMO, BZ would have been better off at a club like Charlton or Leicester, where I'm certain he would have got a better chance to prove himself. A Comparison could be Steve Fosters move to Villa which proved a disaster for him. He then resurected his career by a move to Luton who at the time were in the top flight. He became almost as much a legend there, as during his time with the Albion.

I fully expect BZ to be in our starting line up for the opening game of 2008/09 at Falmer.... ??? :salute:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Zeitgesit is spot on. Spurs are dilussional scum. Never going to be a big club again. He was always on a hiding to nothing. He should have gone to Charlton but I doubt they could have afforded him and it was never an option. Put yourself in his shoes. He wants the prem. The clubs wants millions and the only one offering millions is scum.....He had no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here