Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora going to World Cup ?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Why does noone rate Darren Bent? The usual answer is "I'm not sure he's England standard".. FFS, he's scored more goals than any other England forward bar Rooney this season, in the worlds best football league, in a team struggling for form! It's not even unusual- he was the top English goalscorer 2 years in a row for Charlton! I really don't get it, he has everything- pace, strength and a great finish.. Am I the only one confused?

Stumpy Tim

I'm not a Heskey fan, but Capello clearly is. Heskey is going to South Africa - I'll punch myself in the face if he doesn't (unless he's injured of course). Zamora is up against Crouch & possibly Cole if Capello takes 5 strikers.

I would have thought Capello watching Zamora give Canavarro such a torrid time for 25 minutes has given the Bobster quite a big boost in Capello's eyes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Defoe now out, at the moment, with hamstring problems so increaseses Bobs chances possibly although I think he is about 6th in line for a place in the squad.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would have thought Capello watching Zamora give Canavarro such a torrid time for 25 minutes has given the Bobster quite a big boost in Capello's eyes

Is there anyone else in that match that Capello might have been there to watch?, if not, it shows at least Capello is taking notice of him and may be considering calling him up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here