Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yannick Bolasie has already played for Palace and Bristol City this season. If he joined another club he wouldn't be allowed to play until next year as you can't play for 3 clubs. That's that sorted. He only signed in the summer ffs, he's hardly going to leave in the first available transfer window. We'll probably offer him a new contract next year and I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't sign it.

Murray won't be going anywhere. We're not going to be selling the top scorer in English football.

"saleable assets"? The only reason we'll be selling anyone in January is because that player wants to go. If no players want to leave, no players will be sold. And why would anyone (except maybe Zaha) want to leave?

your be selling cause you need the money, wake up for God sake

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
your be selling cause you need the money, wake up for God sake

We don't need the money. Wake up for god's sake.

CPFC2010: This season is our best chance in a long while to get promoted. We have a great squad and we will be looking to add to it. We would have to be mad to sell our best players and potentially ruin our chances.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Reading these boards it seems like Brighton's hopes for the January transfer window are that they keep Buckley and Bridcutt, and that Palace lose players.

How positive you must all be feeling. Oh well - we can't all challenge for automatic promotion.

the thing is we don't need to sell, if we keep the squad we have now and stay relatively injury free I will be happy we will have a better 2nd half than 1st.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Yannick Bolasie has already played for Palace and Bristol City this season. If he joined another club he wouldn't be allowed to play until next year as you can't play for 3 clubs. That's that sorted. He only signed in the summer ffs, he's hardly going to leave in the first available transfer window. We'll probably offer him a new contract next year and I'd be extremely surprised if he didn't sign it.

Murray won't be going anywhere. We're not going to be selling the top scorer in English football.

"saleable assets"? The only reason we'll be selling anyone in January is because that player wants to go. If no players want to leave, no players will be sold. And why would anyone (except maybe Zaha) want to leave?

Read it properly I stated "At the end of the season" And this is actually from an article in todays Evening Standard. I couldn't care less who stays or goes, I am just pointing out the obvious impact of your players having a good season & the club needing funds.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Read it properly I stated "At the end of the season" And this is actually from an article in todays Evening Standard. I couldn't care less who stays or goes, I am just pointing out the obvious impact of your players having a good season & the club needing funds.

THE CLUB DOES NOT NEED FUNDS. If Zaha is sold, CPFC2010 can buy a replacement and still re-compensate themselves.

No further players would need to be sold. Besides which, there's a good chance that we'll be in the top flight next season anyway which renders your ridiculous suggestion even more pointless.

The article from today's Evening Standard was being openly mocked by CPFC2010 on the BBS earlier. It is absolute rubbish.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
THE CLUB DOES NOT NEED FUNDS. If Zaha is sold, CPFC2010 can buy a replacement and still re-compensate themselves.

No further players would need to be sold. Besides which, there's a good chance that we'll be in the top flight next season anyway which renders your ridiculous suggestion even more pointless.

There's just as equal a chance you won't be in the prem next season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
There's just as equal a chance you won't be in the prem next season.

I'm not sure how you've worked that out. In terms of outgoings, the worst case scenario is that we lose Wilfried. If we DO lose Wilfried, we'll replace him and then sign 2/3 more players anyway.

We've just signed Alex Nimley on loan from Man City who comes very highly rated by Coventry fans despite playing out of position for them last season.

We've got money to spend and we're an extremely attractive proposition as a club at the moment considering our league position and the quality of our squad.

The one thing we can be certain of is that the Palace squad will be stronger in February than it was in December.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'm not sure how you've worked that out. In terms of outgoings, the worst case scenario is that we lose Wilfried. If we DO lose Wilfried, we'll replace him and then sign 2/3 more players anyway.

We've just signed Alex Nimley on loan from Man City who comes very highly rated by Coventry fans despite playing out of position for them last season.

Did I refer to your outgoings?

No I didn't, I was merely pointing out the FACT that its January 10th and NO team has EVER been promoted HALF WAY through the season. Is that put simply enough for you?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Did I refer to your outgoings?

No I didn't, I was merely pointing out the FACT that its January 10th and NO team has EVER been promoted HALF WAY through the season. Is that put simply enough for you?

You said we had a 50/50 chance of going up this season. I am saying you're wrong and that you're underselling us.

Is that put simply enough for you?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Delusional. Cardiff and Hull are the only teams that can compete with us. Most of this league are only there to bring up the numbers e.g. yourselves

In a league where the bottom team has spanked the team at the top it's clearly you suffering with delusions to think your team is somehow invincible :lol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
In a league where the bottom team has spanked the team at the top it's clearly you suffering with delusions to think your team is somehow invincible :lol:

We're not invincible. Teams were picking up undeserved, lucky points against us only a few weeks ago. I just can't think of a team this season that has dominated us and gotten a deserved win since the first 3 games when we didn't have a proper squad.

Coming out of January with a stronger squad than we had at the start of the month seems very likely, and will set us up for an even better second half of the season (particularly since the hardest games are out of the way)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Delusional. Cardiff and Hull are the only teams that can compete with us. Most of this league are only there to bring up the numbers e.g. yourselves

So Middlesbrough , Leicester , ourselves , Leeds etc won't be more competitive in the 2nd half of the season ?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We're not invincible. Teams were picking up undeserved, lucky points against us only a few weeks ago. I just can't think of a team this season that has dominated us and gotten a deserved win since the first 3 games when we didn't have a proper squad.

"Only Cardiff and Hull can compete with us"

So which is it?

Either you're unbeatable by anyone apart from Cardiff or Hull, or you're not.

Which one is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here