Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Palace are playing a dangerous game right now, they have basically put ALL their eggs in one basket.
This season will see either Palace get promoted to the Premier League or go bust (again).
CPFC 2010 have 2 options, sell Zaha and claw some money back now or keep him in the hope he will get them up.
If in the summer if they are still in this league CPFC2010 will have NO option but to find a buyer, which will be virtually impossible with the stadium in it's dilapidated state.
I have been informed that Sainsbury's have made an offer already to CPFC2010 for the land in order to build a megastore there.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Palace are playing a dangerous game right now, they have basically put ALL their eggs in one basket.
This season will see either Palace get promoted to the Premier League or go bust (again).
CPFC 2010 have 2 options, sell Zaha and claw some money back now or keep him in the hope he will get them up.
If in the summer if they are still in this league CPFC2010 will have NO option but to find a buyer, which will be virtually impossible with the stadium in it's dilapidated state.
I have been informed that Sainsbury's have made an offer already to CPFC2010 for the land in order to build a megastore there.

lol

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I think if I were a Palace fan, I would be concerned that the club are banking on selling Zaha for future finance for the club. An Adam Hinshelwood type injury and all that would be lost.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Did you make that story up all by yourself ??

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Did you make that story up all by yourself ??

it is common knowledge, do you homework chap, start at a website called "google", have a little play and come back with your results.

Better than that, have a look at the club accounts and also the report from AGM which is available.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the price is right they'll sell him. If not they won't.

They're not idiots and I don't believe they are about to go bust. The people in charge there appear more level headed.

I'd keep Zaha if I could and use the interest in this window to spur on his performances and drive up his value.

Holloway's challenge is to try to maintain or build spirit in the team so that they don't collapse. That's the real challenge - not keeping or selling Zaha. He will get sold. I wouldn't worry about injury - the guy is young and solid.

Obviously I wish them all the worst :)

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
If the price is right they'll sell him. If not they won't.

They're not idiots and I don't believe they are about to go bust. The people in charge there appear more level headed.

I'd keep Zaha if I could and use the interest in this window to spur on his performances and drive up his value.

Holloway's challenge is to try to maintain or build spirit in the team so that they don't collapse. That's the real challenge - not keeping or selling Zaha. He will get sold. I wouldn't worry about injury - the guy is young and solid.

Obviously I wish them all the worst :)

Sensible post for once, Fair play.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think if I were a Palace fan, I would be concerned that the club are banking on selling Zaha for future finance for the club. An Adam Hinshelwood type injury and all that would be lost.

which is why he'll be gone this month. they are a pragmatic bunch running CPFC2010 (hence why they havent spent lots they dont expect to recover) so will hold out as long as they can to get the best deal, but he's been touted for months, they cant risk not cashing in and need the funds to shore up both the playing side and the cash flow of the business side.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
which is why he'll be gone this month. they are a pragmatic bunch running CPFC2010 (hence why they havent spent lots they dont expect to recover) so will hold out as long as they can to get the best deal, but he's been touted for months, they cant risk not cashing in and need the funds to shore up both the playing side and the cash flow of the business side.

Exactly - this is the correct answer.

I don't think any sensible Palace fans really believed we definitely wouldn't sell in the window. We're not in a position to turn down good money and I must admit him picking up an injury has crossed my mind, particularly when Shotton tried to cut him in two last Saturday.

I hope that we get decent money, and a loan back if possible, but this might be wishful thinking.

Those of you that think he's rubbish, a diver, over-rated need to put your Palace hatred aside for a moment. I think the Major is probably 13 and very dim. WZ is an exceptional player and really gets the juices flowing when he's on top form.

I've been wartching this mob for 40 years now and only Kenny Sansom and Ian Wright have had his quality at a young age - Lombardo, Ashley Cole (for 12 games) and Vince Hilaire are probably the next best.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Exactly - this is the correct answer.

I don't think any sensible Palace fans really believed we definitely wouldn't sell in the window. We're not in a position to turn down good money and I must admit him picking up an injury has crossed my mind, particularly when Shotton tried to cut him in two last Saturday.

I hope that we get decent money, and a loan back if possible, but this might be wishful thinking.

Those of you that think he's rubbish, a diver, over-rated need to put your Palace hatred aside for a moment. I think the Major is probably 13 and very dim. WZ is an exceptional player and really gets the juices flowing when he's on top form.

I've been wartching this mob for 40 years now and only Kenny Sansom and Ian Wright have had his quality at a young age - Lombardo, Ashley Cole (for 12 games) and Vince Hilaire are probably the next best.

fair post

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

If they can wait until the end of the season to see if they've got promotion, why can't they wait until the end of the season to sell Zaha if they don't go up?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Those of you that think he's rubbish, a diver, over-rated need to put your Palace hatred aside for a moment.
Palace hatred put to one side for a moment I don't think he is "rubbish".

He is, however, massively overrated (as is often the case with young players in lower divisions) and also a diving cheat (like a lot of modern players). If I thought he was the real deal and likely to star for England in the future that would piss me off - I take a lot of heart from the evidence that suggests this is very unlikely.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Palace hatred put to one side for a moment I don't think he is "rubbish".

He is, however, massively overrated (as is often the case with young players in lower divisions) and also a diving cheat (like a lot of modern players). If I thought he was the real deal and likely to star for England in the future that would piss me off - I take a lot of heart from the evidence that suggests this is very unlikely.

We'll see. I take your point about modern players like Buckley being cheats.

"If I thought he was the real deal and likely to star for England in the future that would piss me off" - explain this, I thought you actually had the nous to put your anti-Palace sentiment aside. If he's English and quality what's not to like? And let's not base it on 6 mins in a friendly.

So to summarise you think he's overrated based on watching us beat you 3-1 and 3-0, and you're a better judge of a player than Alex Ferguson. Those years watching Jake Robinson obviously put you in a good position to rate him.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
it is common knowledge, do you homework chap, start at a website called "google", have a little play and come back with your results.

Better than that, have a look at the club accounts and also the report from AGM which is available.

All clubs in the championship need more cash including your own, are accounts look fine to me and about on par with yours and a lot better than most clubs...but you believe what you want to believe and the rest of us will carry on. X

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
If Zaha stays or goes I for one don't give a toss is he good yes, is he a world beater no, does he cheat yes (when he needs to), is he worth 12-15 million no championship player.

They are biased of course they are, look at us with Bridcutt, Buckely we always love our own and hate our rivals. If he goes for 12-15 million good luck to em lets see at the end of January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here