Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

Feb 14, 2010
How does a club beggng for poverty and failing to pa its debts one minute then have a £12 Million asset the next? Football is a law unto itself at times.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
No. Not at all. Your understanding is completely flawed.

Team A vs Team B in a cup second leg with a penalty shootout. One team MUST win. Let's say it's Bradford vs Swansea. The outcome of the game will not come down to a 50/50. More like 20/80 in Swansea's favour.

I'm sure Arsenal thought the same when they played Bradford.

Let's be honest; in a logical, tangible universe where there are two teams both with a chance of progressing, the chances are exactly 50/50. You either a) win (50%) or you lose (50%). Not any other way, however much you wish to push the virtues of your team.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
he won't no how to use a calculator.

I guess you mean 'know' ? Maths / spelling all the same really.

Chucky I havent seen anyone spout so much utter rubbish since I ignored theMajor. So much knowledge with NO sources, NO quotes, NO substantiation anywhere. Just non-stop utter nonsense.

You are the weakest link - goodbye ! :wave:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Ollie just been on Sky Sports 1.

Deal for Wilfried will involve a loan back.
Nobody has met the valuation yet, and we won't sell him until it is reached.
Might be sold in January, might wait until Summer.
Wilf is on a 4 year contract and until our valuation is met, he won't leave. Holloway spoke to Wilf and this isn't a problem for him. He won't throw a tantrum/transfer request.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ollie just been on Sky Sports 1.

Deal for Wilfried will involve a loan back.

means a deal is in the works, probably for the 8-12m range being widely reported (for months). good deal really, get the cash and keep the player for the season.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
means a deal is in the works, probably for the 8-12m range being widely reported (for months). good deal really, get the cash and keep the player for the season.

A deal could well be in the works, but not for £8-£12m. Holloway said it's not enough.

It's a deal that works for us, yeah. Means we can get two or three new players in January too.

Seems that we're looking at about £15m, plus a loan back for the season. I'd take that.

Last edited:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Agree with this. Purely agent generated nonsense. The truth is that Man Utd are not at all likely to sign Zahaha as they aren't very keen on having him.

Plenty of evidence exists that his "mental toughness" is questionable at best and this factor is a big minus against him for the top clubs.

As you were saying..btw is "The Lozenge" on line?

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
put two bids in on football manager. one for Zaha and one for Buckley (managing Newcastle) 3.5 accepted for Zaha, Bloom wants 5 mil for Buckley. This closes the debate of whos better.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm still struggling to understand why Glenn Murray left a club run by someone who could bankroll it to the tune of nearly £100m for a club which accoding to Brighton sources is on the point of collapse..

But as I obseved in the Huddersfield game he actually now appears to be ENJOYING his football. And of course he's able to employ his own skills, rather than listen to the mantra of someone who seems only interested inplaying a lot of Hispanics for the malecons to ogle.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He is a talented footballer but I think more like £7million

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
put two bids in on football manager. one for Zaha and one for Buckley (managing Newcastle) 3.5 accepted for Zaha, Bloom wants 5 mil for Buckley. This closes the debate of whos better.

Meantime back in the real world- Fergie puts a big bid in for Zaha and nobody talks about Buckley.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Cos he has just signed a new 4 year deal and is clearly NOT for sale. Simple really, we are not a selling club anymore

Every club is a selling club.

The reason clubs like Arsenal and United are interested in Zaha is because he's a better talent and a better prospect. Nothing to do with the contract of either player.

Meanwhile Palace have signed Nimely on loan.

A striker who hasn't scored in sixteen games. Good signing :thumbsup:

He was played in midfield for Coventry. He is very highly rated and Coventry fans thought he was great.

He is a talented footballer but I think more like £7million

Nobody in football agrees with you, which is why we'll get more than twice that. Thanks for your opinion though.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Cos he has just signed a new 4 year deal and is clearly NOT for sale.

If someone offered Gustavo and Tony Bloom half amount of money being talked about for Wilfried (not that anybody ever would) they'd drive Buckley to the medical themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here