Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

liam t cpfc

were the red n blue army
Jan 27, 2012
I think it would do him wonders to stay in the Championship for another few years, but despite the players themselves knowing this how many of them can actually resist the lure of the premiership and its wages when they come calling.

i think the advantage we as a club now have is no debts (as hard as that is for you all to believe) and our example in john bostock so we dont need to sell. and in fairness to the guy he just signed a new 5 and a half year contract and seems to know hes not ready. hes currently going through a transition where he is learning to defend as well as when to pass and run whereas before he would run at you all the time (and most if the time be succesful) but i think he is developing incredibly quickly and cannot wait to see him next season

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Zaha has potential & I think Scannell is a good player but Speroni, really? I think he's a liability and wouldn't want him anywhere near a Brighton squad.

not when you already have Wankergren eh?? kin ell you really have got no idea have you???

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He got somewhat annoyed with a Palace fan earlier on Twitter:

yungzaha Believe To Achieve
"@Wobinho: Hope Zaha goes asap. All fancy footwork with no end product. Bolton are welcome to him. #cpfc #bwfc" let me see you better #hater

Which was then followed up with:

I'm a striker with fancy footwork and no end product yet I have many assists and 5 goals in my second season of championship so lay off me

And:

Happy i got that off my chest ...everyone have a nice night :D

Twitter

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Looks like his fantastic display in the Semi has knocked 5m off his valuation - Bolton have just offered £5m which I think is about £2m over the odds.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
£5m? He's off. Hate to say it, but short of CMS, if we were offered £5m for any of our players we'd take it on the basis of what we could build by reinvesting that. Let's just hope it's before Tuesday, because I think he's a decent player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, you are wrong, he'll be at palace "for at least two years, then be sold for £10M". Apparently.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No, you are wrong, he'll be at palace "for at least two years, then be sold for £10M". Apparently.

Yes, he will.

Unless you are suggesting that despite the interest of some of the biggest clubs in world football, a phenomenal young talent will sign for BOLTON at their FIRST bid of £5m, weeks after Freedman has said he doesn't want to go to Newcastle because they're not big enough.

Moron. Even if we were going to sell him now (we're not) we'll get a lot more than the initial bid of £5m from the smallest club of those interested in him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, he will.

Unless you are suggesting that despite the interest of some of the biggest clubs in world football, a phenomenal young talent will sign for BOLTON at their FIRST bid of £5m, weeks after Freedman has said he doesn't want to go to Newcastle because they're not big enough.

Moron. Even if we were going to sell him now (we're not) we'll get a lot more than the initial bid of £5m from the smallest club of those interested in him.
hehe, Freedman is a liar.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If they were going to sell him almost certain he'd not be on the pitch Tuesday? The window closes that night?

True. But it's irrelevant, because it's already confirmed that he won't be sold.

To all of the twats saying Buckley is better than Zaha, ask for the opinion of anyone non-Brighton in the country and see what they say. Everyone has heard of Zaha these days after he ripped United apart, despite being the youngest player on the pitch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yes, he will.

Heh

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Yes, he will.

Newcastle not big enough for him eh?! Deary me. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here