Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On this performance , Buckley has to be worth at least £20M.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Hmm...

I'd take Buckley over Zaha on present showing.

Buckley - extreme pace, touches of sheer class, beats a man well 'direct', finishing has been just top drawer since we signed him.
Zaha - obviously a good player, very tricksy (effectively too a lot of the time) and a LITTLE BIT more end product than Noone imo (trying to be fair)

But not worth 10m (ridiculous, fawning assessment) and I'd take SWB. 76 games and six goals? Is that starts? Doesn't compare favourably does it.

Definitely want to add my voice to the 'let's not get cocky' voice of reason tho... Crossing my fingers for a win but in all fairness we are very close in terms of squad ability and it could go either way... Anything less than a win for us awards them bragging rights for the season...

STILL - either way next week, it has been FUN so far. Non-stop snide bickering all season! Thrills, spills, Clyne transfer deals! Who'd ask for more?

Dec 29, 2011
Zaha looked threatening tonight. Not premier league standard yet, but maybe in the dev squad of a Wigan/West Brom team looking to push for a first team place in a year or two. I thought Webb was being totally out of order the whole game he should have won at least three clear cut fouls and got at least two yellows for Cardiff players.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Zaha has potential & I think Scannell is a good player but Speroni, really? I think he's a liability and wouldn't want him anywhere near a Brighton squad.

Speroni is probably the best keeper in this league!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Most over rated player in the league, he's a good young talent but whats he done to prove he's worth £1mill let alone 5 or 10mill.

Jan 12, 2012
Zaha has just turned 18, he's a boy amongst big bruisers. He has come on so much in the past year, but he must improve on the end product.
He wont go to Bolton, he's destined for bigger things than that.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Zaha has just turned 18, he's a boy amongst big bruisers. He has come on so much in the past year, but he must improve on the end product.
He wont go to Bolton, he's destined for bigger things than that.

His tendency for rash challenges in retaliation if having the ball stolen away needs to be removed from his game. Needs to improve that end product, as you say, too. Apart from that he looks quite handy. Possibly a little too predictable though. Probably go to a mid prem team for about 6m.

Sent by the power of 1000 turtles

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought he was on his way to Newcastle ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A friend of mine who scouts the football league for Man Utd told me this week that they were actually quite interested in Zaha until they realised that he is too lightweight physically and mentally for their needs... made comparison with C. Ronaldo and Nani...

Bolton seems about right, or maybe Wigan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A friend of mine who scouts the football league for Man Utd told me this week that they were actually quite interested in Zaha until they realised that he is too lightweight physically and mentally for their needs... made comparison with C. Ronaldo and Nani...

Reminds me of kids like Remi Moses and Fabian Delph - very very good indeed but not quite able to cope when they step up

I make you right on the Wigan call - most of Palaces so called superstars end up at Wigan warming the bench - Moses & Watson. What became of Bostock ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Hmm...

I'd take Buckley over Zaha on present showing.

Buckley - extreme pace, touches of sheer class, beats a man well 'direct', finishing has been just top drawer since we signed him.
Zaha - obviously a good player, very tricksy (effectively too a lot of the time) and a LITTLE BIT more end product than Noone imo (trying to be fair)

But not worth 10m (ridiculous, fawning assessment) and I'd take SWB. 76 games and six goals? Is that starts? Doesn't compare favourably does it.

Definitely want to add my voice to the 'let's not get cocky' voice of reason tho... Crossing my fingers for a win but in all fairness we are very close in terms of squad ability and it could go either way... Anything less than a win for us awards them bragging rights for the season...

STILL - either way next week, it has been FUN so far. Non-stop snide bickering all season! Thrills, spills, Clyne transfer deals! Who'd ask for more?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think the reason that Zaha is so well thought of is due to his age. There really aren't many players his age showing the talent he has in the Championship. And as much as I would love it to happen(preferably this window) he will not go to Bolton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here