Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Got to agree with you, doesn't seem an integral part of Viera's plans. Reckon there's a chance he could be sold in the summer to recoup some money/free up wages though it's the age old will they get any offers that meet their demands?

Well I disagree.

Nobody wants Dibley and Beaky wants too much anyway. Beaky will bottle it and do a 'Benteke' on him - fear he will come good elsewhere, so offer him a new contract on less money on the basis of 'this or nothing'. And Dibley will take it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well I disagree.

Nobody wants Dibley and Beaky wants too much anyway. Beaky will bottle it and do a 'Benteke' on him - fear he will come good elsewhere, so offer him a new contract on less money on the basis of 'this or nothing'. And Dibley will take it.

Interesting! That’s not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is Zaha so angry all the time ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Wouldn't you be, if you lived in Croydon?

That’s true but I doubt any player on over £2m a year would actually live in Croydon . He probably lives in south Ken or Chelsea or Hampstead or some other Uber nice part of London or possibly in the countryside somewhere nice .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That’s true but I doubt any player on over £2m a year would actually live in Croydon . He probably lives in south Ken or Chelsea or Hampstead or some other Uber nice part of London or possibly in the countryside somewhere nice .

He lives out in nice suburbs past Beckenham/Bromley way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just read this on a palace forum. The 'is this' question. :moo:

In the two seasons (17/18 and 18/19) before the introduction of VAR we won 10 and 11 penalties. Wilf was fouled for 6 of the 11 penalties in 2018/19. I haven't checked the previous season.

With the introduction of VAR in the 2019/20 season the over the top reaction from some fans was that Wilf would be winning penalties every week.

That season we won 3 with Wilf only providing one assist. In fact in the last two seasons and this one we have seen the lowest number of penalties awarded since our promotion to the Premier League.

Is it the style of play, Wilf or VAR finding us out i.e. too many soft penalties in the past.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just read this on a palace forum. The 'is this' question. :moo:
In the two seasons (17/18 and 18/19) before the introduction of VAR we won 10 and 11 penalties. Wilf was fouled for 6 of the 11 penalties in 2018/19. I haven't checked the previous season.

With the introduction of VAR in the 2019/20 season the over the top reaction from some fans was that Wilf would be winning penalties every week.

That season we won 3 with Wilf only providing one assist. In fact in the last two seasons and this one we have seen the lowest number of penalties awarded since our promotion to the Premier League.

Is it the style of play, Wilf or VAR finding us out i.e. too many soft penalties in the past.

Because he can't beat the lie detector. He's a cheat, always has been always will be. It's because of cheats like Zaha that we have VAR.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps it is time to bury this thread in the pit.

Palace seem....a bit....dead to me....:shrug:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
this has to be the first transfer window in a good few years where there wasn't a single mention that I have seen "linking" Zaha with any club, no will he/wont he, nothing about the great man at all

Has he finally accepted that the ship going to the CL, Prem League titles, European Glory actually set sail from Selhurst about 3 years ago without him or anyone else on it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here