Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
With his loss of pace it's now more of a 'trot his contract down'...

I agree he’s lost a bit of pace, but imagine if he hadn’t, he’d almost certainly be higher than just the seventh highest scorer in the EPL this year.

3EEBC737-773C-44BF-AC08-4A8AC1799DA2.jpeg

Imagine being so crap that, having lost your pace, you can only manage to score just one goal less than Kane so far this season. :D

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I fell asleep when you said imagine :D

Lol, just delete the word imagine and try again. :D

He’s universally derided on here but, he’s the 7th highest goal scorer so far this season in the Premier League.

If you’d managed to stay awake you’d have seen a list of all those top scorers worth millions more than Zaha who have scored less than your nemesis this season.

A quick check suggests that list includes players such as De Bruyne, Mahrez, Saka, Fernandez, Raphinha, Mount, Pukki, Sterling, Vardey etc.

I’ve no idea if he’ll stay or go, but he’s a proven goal scorer in this league, whatever this site thinks.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I agree he’s lost a bit of pace, but imagine if he hadn’t, he’d almost certainly be higher than just the seventh highest scorer in the EPL this year.

Imagine being so crap that, having lost your pace, you can only manage to score just one goal less than Kane so far this season. :D

It's his best appearances/goals ratio I think? Maybe it's because of his slight loss of pace that he's had to use his undoubted skill a bit more? Or maybe it's because in the last few years since VAR he seems to have grown up and cut out the worst of his 'theatricals'? Just think how good he could have been if he had never gone down the route of exaggerating every little touch (aka diving). Although I guess that he wouldn't still have been with you lot.

It's a shame that so much of his talent feels wasted really - and mainly down to him and his ways.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's his best appearances/goals ratio I think? Maybe it's because of his slight loss of pace that he's had to use his undoubted skill a bit more? Or maybe it's because in the last few years since VAR he seems to have grown up and cut out the worst of his 'theatricals'? Just think how good he could have been if he had never gone down the route of exaggerating every little touch (aka diving). Although I guess that he wouldn't still have been with you lot.

It's a shame that so much of his talent feels wasted really - and mainly down to him and his ways.

I think his main problem is that if he loses the ball the first three or four times, he turns entirely invisible for the rest of the game... he really struggles when things go against him.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
For the few that remember him once he’s retired, it will be as a money grabbing diver who kept signing massive contracts at a small club rather than try to achieve something with his career. It’s no surprise he’s permanently angry as he’s realised this himself in the last couple of years.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
He will never achieve nothing. Imaging being the 3rd best player in the world, playing for Palace, and winning nothing.

Must hurt him that he as a small club mentality.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His goals have given Palace 9 points this season.
Without him, they would be battling relegation every season.

I hope he goes.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think I will take a more balanced view, some good, some not so. He 'was' a serial cheat, he had appeared to become a lot better, so credit to him. Can't blame him for wanting to be a 'big fish is a small pond' and payed well for it.

As a top goal scorer this year, think if you take his pens away, think it's pretty average to be fair, but we could do with a good penalty taker!

Overall, he is not as great as Palace think and not as bad or a big cheat like we all think. I really don't think anyone will pay a large price for him as his temperament lets him down, but he has been a great servant to Palace and they would be not be in the premier if it was not for him, so I will end with that positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
His goals have given Palace 9 points this season.
Without him, they would be battling relegation every season.
Much as we'd like to think that, that completely assumes his replacement would not have added a single point to their tally.

Let's say a replacement only contributed 4 points, they'd still be clear of the relegation battle.

Unfortunately.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Much as we'd like to think that, that completely assumes his replacement would not have added a single point to their tally.

Let's say a replacement only contributed 4 points, they'd still be clear of the relegation battle.

Unfortunately.

I don't like the fella, but he is undoubtedly a talented footballer.
Most of the matches he plays in, he will be a focal point for the defenders, which generally frees up his team mates to pitch in with goals.
The 9 points is just from his direct goal contribution.

Take Zaha out of that team, and the rest of the squad will start to look significantly more ordinary (IMO).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't like the fella, but he is undoubtedly a talented footballer.
Most of the matches he plays in, he will be a focal point for the defenders, which generally frees up his team mates to pitch in with goals.
The 9 points is just from his direct goal contribution.

Take Zaha out of that team, and the rest of the squad will start to look significantly more ordinary (IMO).

and Gallagher... can't see him staying next season. They will be seriously weaker, unless they can make a couple of big signings.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
and Gallagher... can't see him staying next season. They will be seriously weaker, unless they can make a couple of big signings.

I shouldn't bank on it, cast your mind back 12 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here