Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He missed the game on Saturday against West Ham with covid, the noises from Palace at the time was that it was only picked up in pre match testing. If this is the case he won’t be allowed to travel as he’ll be isolating. I think they want him to join up with the squad for the AFCON once he’s out of isolation but if not he’ll be free to play against us.

I’d imagine the Ivory Coast want him to join up in time for their 2nd and 3rd group games (he could feasibly make their 1st) and they’re likely to progress further as well. Fairly sure Palace can’t play him if he’s declared unavailable to play in the AFCON.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I take it it that's a social media selfie [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]? He's a bit of an oddball isn't he?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I’d imagine the Ivory Coast want him to join up in time for their 2nd and 3rd group games (he could feasibly make their 1st) and they’re likely to progress further as well. Fairly sure Palace can’t play him if he’s declared unavailable to play in the AFCON.

If Ivory Coast decide not to bother having him join up with the squad once he's out of isolation there would be nothing stopping him playing against us, effectively he'll have been dropped from the AFCON squad so would be free to play. I'm sure he'll still be travelling, as you say he could still make their first group game, he just won't have trained much in the two weeks leading up to the tournament and it would be such a shame for him to pick up an injury playing when he's not fully fit.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Vierra on AFCON

“I respect and understand the passion and the importance to players to go and represent their country so I will never stop any player going to play the Africa Cup of Nations,”

Link to full story

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Out in his car, whilst isolating with covid?

Not wishing to defend the SEGW but it was posted a couple of weeks ago. I checked cause I thought the same thing originally.

In a way I’d like him there….him and Dunk are Brighton/Palace match essentials……how is Dunks recovery…still injections?

According to Potter he’s been training on grass, on his own, outside chance of making the Palace game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Zaha's contract runs out at the end of next season so either Palace sell him soon to recoup some money or let him leave on a free next year or he signs a new contract and stays there until retirement. Which is it likely to be?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zaha's contract runs out at the end of next season so either Palace sell him soon to recoup some money or let him leave on a free next year or he signs a new contract and stays there until retirement. Which is it likely to be?

At 30 and out of form for some time now - he's a bit stuck. Contract renewal will be interesting.

Didn't he even sign to Jay Z's sport agency ?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At 30 and out of form for some time now - he's a bit stuck. Contract renewal will be interesting.

Didn't he even sign to Jay Z's sport agency ?

I say this grudgingly, but Vieira is trying to play a good style of football that is, like ours, built on a strong team ethic where everyone pulls their weight and has more than one facet to their game. It's not surprising to see their resident one-trick-wonder having diminishing returns under him. It's noticeable that this season it's Conor Gallagher that's the main man

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I'm not sure Viera will want him around once his contract is up. He could probably get 2 decent young players for the same wages and Wilf seems to have lost his mojo somewhat. He is a very angry man these days, even more than he used to be.

Edit: Maybe permanent regret that it didn't work out at Manure.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm not sure Viera will want him around once his contract is up. He could probably get 2 decent young players for the same wages and Wilf seems to have lost his mojo somewhat. He is a very angry man these days, even more than he used to be

Got to agree with you, doesn't seem an integral part of Viera's plans. Reckon there's a chance he could be sold in the summer to recoup some money/free up wages though it's the age old will they get any offers that meet their demands?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Got to agree with you, doesn't seem an integral part of Viera's plans. Reckon there's a chance he could be sold in the summer to recoup some money/free up wages though it's the age old will they get any offers that meet their demands?

...and will any club want to commit to the wages in his contract?

More likely that he will have to see out his contract before taking a move on lower wages.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Likes to be a big fish in a small pond, so will stay and just play a decent game a few times a season.

...hate to say it but these few and far between decent games usually include the ones against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here