Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha to The Gooners for £9m in January?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As soon as the comp was agreed permission was granted.
But he didn't go strait to Bolton did he. He left Palace, and was expected to go to Bolton, but people joked about how it would be funny if Bolton didn't take him. It seemed a bit weird.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Well it wouldn't be difficult for a club to treble Zaha's salary. And CPFC refused Bolton permission to speak to Dougie, but then he went, so I see no reason why the same can't happen with Zaha.

Did they actually get any? He seemed to just leave, and Bolton didn't offer him a job until later.

And you are right most of the fat cat clubs could easily treble Zahas salary, but he is on a lengthy contract and that means he goes on Palaces terms when and if he does leaves. Freedman was different because his contract was up in the summer and as far as anyone knows Palace hadn't come to him to offer a fresh one.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
But he didn't go strait to Bolton did he. He left Palace, and was expected to go to Bolton, but people joked about how it would be funny if Bolton didn't take him. It seemed a bit weird.

Yeah it did seem to take a while to be fair, but reading between the lines it didn't seem to me that the owners were that fussed he went. I may be totally wrong of course that is just my feeling on it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And you are right most of the fat cat clubs could easily treble Zahas salary, but he is on a lengthy contract and that means he goes on Palaces terms when and if he does leaves. Freedman was different because his contract was up in the summer and as far as anyone knows Palace hadn't come to him to offer a fresh one.

His agent will dictate when he leaves , a lengthy contract means f*** all once a player wants to go and has been guided by his agent.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
His agent will dictate when he leaves , a lengthy contract means f*** all once a player wants to go and has been guided by his agent.

You can keep an unhappy player thats for sure . Time will tell how long we have him for , we just make the most of his incredible talent . untill you see him at close quarters you dont realise how skillful he is , he really is a great talent . When we play in december take a close look at him and you will be amazed , you are going arent you ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT HE WANTS TO GO?!

In all likelihood, Zaha will be sold in the Summer with our best wishes, and he will leave on good terms with the club and the fans after we an enormous fee.

Unless of course we get promoted, which on current form seems completely possible. If we get lucky and remain injury free, we'll go up. If we buy decent cover in January with the budget Ollie will be given, we'll probably go up. Things look pretty f***ing great for Palace right now :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

In all likelihood, Zaha will be sold in the Summer with our best wishes, and he will leave on good terms with the club and the fans after we an enormous fee.

Unless of course we get promoted, which on current form seems completely possible. If we get lucky and remain injury free, we'll go up. If we buy decent cover in January with the budget Ollie will be given, we'll probably go up. Things look pretty f***ing great for Palace right now :thumbsup:

No need to shout :lol: Any player with ambition will be off in a shot , quadrupling their wages and bonuses , a massive signing on fee and a percentage of the transfer fee.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

because they all do once the money truck pulls up outside. recall, Dougie didnt want to go anywhere. a certain Glenn Murray didnt want to leave. more money offered elsewhere suddenly changes the perspective. some do stay put in football for interests other than cash, but for 90% the money usually overcomes all other obstacles.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we ought to sign Zaha (if we could). £9 million would be a far price on that showing. Unforunately, it looks like he would work well with Glenn Murray.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
he is on a lengthy contract and that means he goes on Palaces terms when and if he does leaves.
The only problem with a shorter contract is that the clubs know he could leave for free at the end of it. If he's got 2 years left or 5, it doesn't make any difference. It should be on the selling club's terms, but in reality it's never so simple. If a player decides he wants to go, there's only so much a club can do (they should get market rate). Zaha signed a new contract not that long ago, and given that he's better than Palace it wouldn't be surprising if he had clauses in it, and we have no idea what they are.

Yeah it did seem to take a while to be fair, but reading between the lines it didn't seem to me that the owners were that fussed he went. I may be totally wrong of course that is just my feeling on it
It does seem that there was some sort of falling out. Dougie was a Palace man, and he'd just started to do really well, so you'd think the board would want that to continue, and give him a new contract and pay-rise. Obviously they're paying IanH more than they were paying Dougie.

Has there been a statement anywhere that Palace did get compensation from Bolton? If Dougie left and later signed for Bolton, I assume they didn't.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think Slutrian and his boyfriend are angry little Hoodies !!
Dont the youngsters make you laugh !!! ha ha ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here