Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't forget teams can't just go to the continent and get cheap players due to brexit, so a player who already has a work permit might go for more.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

For senior players its easier now than before Brexit to get a work permit. You have to be garbage not to qualify.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think Yves is happy here, he is settled and we have targets of our own we want to meet i.e. Top 10.

Yves could protentially be in a top team next season.....

....with us.

or he could be offered a 300% increase in wages and off he goes.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
If the best offer that comes in is genuinely no more than 35 million, we’re better off keeping him for his final two years as it would mean two more years of PL income.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I am also of the opinion that this clearly has a long way to go and the conclusion is not set in stone. The current impact on finances for the biggest clubs might mean their interest is reliant on very complicated deals which may/may not appeal to TB. The idea of selling the assets has to be to generate the cash and therefore sell-on clauses, complicated fee structuring may not suit what we want or need. Selling more fringe players may achieve the same short-term financial goals for us .

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
£40 million because other clubs haven't got the money in a depressed market? Well they can come back next year when they have got the money, he only has one year left on his contract and that will probably be about his value. Right now, i wouldn't even entertain bids under £60 million.
That depressed market wont stop players like Haaland, Mbappe and Kane being sold for much higher fees than Bissouma.

I said before, players like Bissouma are generational talents, i honestly rate him amongst the best in Europe, and he still has plenty of time to improve.

Name the players in Bissoumas position who are comparable to him or maybe slightly better, then ask how much it would cost to buy them? Declan Rice? Wilfried Ndidi? Ngola Kante? Any of them being touted around for under £60 million?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I wonder, if Arsenal are in pole position, if we might see AMN coming the other way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I am also of the opinion that this clearly has a long way to go and the conclusion is not set in stone. The current impact on finances for the biggest clubs might mean their interest is reliant on very complicated deals which may/may not appeal to TB. The idea of selling the assets has to be to generate the cash and therefore sell-on clauses, complicated fee structuring may not suit what we want or need. Selling more fringe players may achieve the same short-term financial goals for us .

Agree with this.

A lot of deals where the headline figure is £35m fans in fact it's £10m up front, £10 in a year, 10m the year after and £5m if they play 100 games. (this is as good a reason as any not to sell to Palace)

We're in a strong position. Any proposal like this, TB can tell them to lick his balls. If they want the player, it's up front cash or he'll stay with us

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If the best offer that comes in is genuinely no more than 35 million, we’re better off keeping him for his final two years as it would mean two more years of PL income.

Yes. It's what he's worth to us that matters not what he's worth to someone else.

All the time a PL clubs get £100m+ for staying up, it will never be worth a bottom half club selling. Zaha is too good for Palace, Grealish is too good for Villa. St Maximan is too good for Newcastle. Bissouma is too good for us. In none of these cases does it make good business sense to sell. It turns the risk of relegation from around 4-1 to 2-1.

We may choose to accept that risk, but we need to be compensated for it. That puts his value to us at about £60m I reckon

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Lies, damn lies and statistics eh?!

Ayling 3400 minutes played, Bissouma 3114. So tackles per minute Biss comes out on top - although I wouldn't be surprised if both were beaten by somebody on that stat.

The stat that has been going round which the OP will surely be alluding to is that no other player in the Premier league has both 100 tackles and 60 interceptions this season. Good player this Bissouma.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This would be the best contract activity we’d have all summer (and he’d need a huge new contract!) but I’m not going to get my hopes up in the slightest.

I just don’t want to make the pain of his inevitable departure any worse by believing that we’ve got a chance of keeping him thank you.
I think its a win win what ever happens. He stays with us and gets better, or goes for an massive fee which will be invested in the club.

I just don't feel he will go, but my feelings have been known to be wrong before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another day another metric Biss leads the way in:-

biss2.jpg

With a further nod to the boy March.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm very much in the camp of:-

Take the money.
Enjoy watching Biss progress further.
Expect the replacement (Moder) to seamlessly step up.
Carry on as before.

I'm being a bit of a ninny aren't I?

Biss is borderline generational greatness and is going to leave a mahoooosive, almost unfillable, hole isn't he? :down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's a shame for Gary but he did seem to be scapegoated a bit. Didn't even make the squad in the second leg. I think his wife and kid are still in Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here