Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "you've seen thee albion, now feck off home"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's the 'Football in a library' chant that so bores me.

I guess we've lost the art of coming up with new songs ever since we've been pigeon-holed in our nice comfy seats.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
What a load of bollocks. Want atmosphere? then any chant is good. So what if you old farts don’t like it. We need more of this to get an atmosphere going. Its been shite bar Utd at home, so far this season, because too many fans are too judgy, as this thread proves, and our support are all middle class Dads.

Probably the most stuck up snd infuriating thread in a while. Can’t stand fans slagging our support off, particularly the younger lot. They are the ones who give it a good go and create an atmosphere ffs!!!!

Christ you lot remind me of that weirdo from
NSK who thinks he owns the place and tells people how you act in the terraces, prize ****.

Fwiw that chant is a bit cringe, but aren’t most!?
Thing is apart form the fe# off chant & the Wembley chant after each goal the younger ones round me hardly made a peep. Not even watching a lot of the time as on their phones.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I don’t have a problem with Wembley chants at cup games. They’re often tongue in cheek. All clubs' fans used to sing "We’re gonna win the cup… and now you’re gonna believe us" (etc). after every goal. Maybe some still do. When a mid table EFL side looks like winning 2 games in a row they sing "We are going up.." This is just post-goal euphoria and it’s fine in my book.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't like punching down in any circumstance

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I don’t have a problem with Wembley chants at cup games. They’re often tongue in cheek. All clubs' fans used to sing "We’re gonna win the cup… and now you’re gonna believe us" (etc). after every goal. Maybe some still do. When a mid table EFL side looks like winning 2 games in a row they sing "We are going up.." This is just post-goal euphoria and it’s fine in my book.
Exactly, after a few beers we’d sing it at Peacehaven after going 2-0 up against Rottingdean in the FA cup extra preliminary first round qualifying tie at the end of July

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can’t stand fans slagging our support off,

Christ you lot remind me of that weirdo from
NSK who thinks he owns the place and tells people how you act in the terraces, prize ****.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Little singing = atmosphere compliants
Lots of singing = don’t sing that

NSC 🤣
The biggest wasteful expenditure of energy on NSC is the amount of posts going on about the problem with NSC on every topic.

Two simple things can be true at the same time. More singing and atmosphere = better. Plus no twatty songs = better = better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reserved for a few teams:
Man U
Crawley
Leeds - if we play them again

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It really doesn't suit us. How about?

"You've seen the Albion. Thanks for coming. We hope, whatever the result, that you've enjoyed the day and will return. Now, unless you want to be stood in a long train queue, or have already made your way to the park and rides, why not head back into the concourse and enjoy the local ales specifically provided from your part of the country, discover whether there are any pies ready if you missed one before kick off and wind down gently, discussing the match with fellow fans, then as you are directed to the exits by our friendly and helpful stewards, who will thank you again for your custom and wish you a safe and hopefully, hassle free journey, as you feck off home."

Much more Albion. We're not all Millwall you know. Another thirty years or so of this and maybe one day we'll be trusted to have a pint in our seats like the rugby World Cup fans got to.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It really doesn't suit us. How about?

"You've seen the Albion. Thanks for coming. We hope, whatever the result, that you've enjoyed the day and will return. Now, unless you want to be stood in a long train queue, or have already made your way to the park and rides, why not head back into the concourse and enjoy the local ales specifically provided from your part of the country, discover whether there are any pies ready if you missed one before kick off and wind down gently, discussing the match with fellow fans, then as you are directed to the exits by our friendly and helpful stewards, who will thank you again for your custom and wish you a safe and hopefully, hassle free journey, as you feck off home."

Much more Albion. We're not all Millwall you know. Another thirty years or so of this and maybe one day we'll be trusted to have a pint in our seats like the rugby World Cup fans got to.
You've seen the algorithm, now get back to your quasi-instinctive, organic matter based, visual interpretation and definition of the likelihood of the realisation of sporting potential in young humans near where you come from.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thing is apart form the fe# off chant & the Wembley chant after each goal the younger ones round me hardly made a peep. Not even watching a lot of the time as on their phones.
They’re mostly gambling-obsessed….always talking bout their ACCAs and whether to cash out or how they’re going to win a grand if (insert any 6 highly unlikely results here) happens

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s only acceptable when sung to fans of the plastic 6

Anyone else is tinpot

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They’re mostly gambling-obsessed….always talking bout their ACCAs and whether to cash out or how they’re going to win a grand if (insert any 6 highly unlikely results here) happens
I'd hope they'd be using 'bags' rather than 'grand' these days. 'Top Boy' has a lot to answer for.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It was fine against United, but it's cringe against anyone else. I thought the only reason we sang it to them was because we found it in such poor taste when they sang it at Wembley (and were starting on kids whilst singing it) and thought it'd be funny to give it back to them, now we've become the baddies...

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely. That's the only time it's acceptable. I don't think I ever heard Liverpool sing this BTW (and they are one club who seem to come up with original other songs too) but absolutely have heard Arsenal and City. Fine with them getting it back too.
Liverpool fans generally well-informed and, dare I say it, classy? Shock horror probe!

I have no problem with singing this to Chelsea, Arsenal and ManUre (who have a large contingent of bell-end supporters who may actually get quite antsy at such mockery). When our win is in no danger of evaporating.

To small clubs and those who have won f*** all in living memory, it is pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here