Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "you've seen thee albion, now feck off home"

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Out of pure, opinionless curiosity: what's the song like (if there's more to it than just the feck off home part) and whats the issue with it?

Charlie Blackdown

Middle Aged Member
May 3, 2012
Seaford
Should be reserved for games vs Man United only based on origins.

At a push, Chelsea
Agreed, home to Wolves in the League cup is not the place, neither is your support is f***ing shit to the few hundred hardy Wolves fans that made the journey. Especially when the home stands are barely half full.
But as previously mentioned I believe the majority singing it last night was the exuberant yoof yet to learn such life lessons.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How else will they learn? The clip round the ear is not welcome nowadays, tutting is all we have.
I think we should drown them out with more tasteful chants, like this one:

Two four six eight,
Who do we appreciate?
Brighton! Brighton!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

That ought to do it ...

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I didn’t sing it as it’s shit but i took a rare trip into the North last night near the police box and almost everyone was singing it so it won’t stop.
(However I accept I’m not the authority on what should be sung or not, if I don’t like it, I don’t sing it, simples)

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Thing is, I feel the opposite in any case. I always appreciate that away fans have made the effort to get down here, especially on a weekday evening with shite public transport. Anyone who goes to a fair few away games will understand. It will never happen but I’d rather we acknowledged them positively — but only if we’ve won of course.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I didn’t sing it as it’s shit but i took a rare trip into the North last night near the police box and almost everyone was singing it so it won’t stop.
(However I accept I’m not the authority on what should be sung or not, if I don’t like it, I don’t sing it, simples)
I'm a NS regular and it's not normally sung. A few started it at Crawley match, I explained to those around me that it was totally classless, once they understood they stopped. Last night the NS was full of idiot youths who seemed to spend more time on their phones and larking around than they did watching the match. Too many to shut down last night.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Out of pure, opinionless curiosity: what's the song like (if there's more to it than just the feck off home part) and whats the issue with it?
Hmmm. I'll try and explain it as I see it. As far as I know, the song was originally spawned in Manchester by the supporters of very rich, successful clubs, who more often than not would routinely dispatch their opponents and greedily help themselves to their fiscally appropriated 3 points. Their delightful fans would then take great pleasure in rubbing salt into the wound by singing this silly little song. I know that goading opposition supporters is what football fans do, but this song displays an unprecedented level of classless, ****ish arrogance, which is why many people so strongly dislike it, and find it disappointing when our own fans sing it. But I suppose now it's more mainstream, it's horribleness has maybe become somewhat diluted, and of course there is a particular joy in being able to sing this to the Manchester clubs whenever we can. And Chelsea.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Horrible. Felt like the whole North Stand as well. For shame.
The worse thing about it being sung last night was, the game was far from over, they came close to 3-3
What kind of special do you look when you get dumped outta the cup on penalties or something after singing that.

Tempting fate, never ever give the opposition ammunition, we are the albion and all to often feck things up :ROFLMAO:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It was a song sung by smug, arrogant, prick, bucket-hatted man united fans to belittle perceived 'smaller' clubs when they were beaten. Made even worse by the fact it was taken up by even smugger prick United 'fans' from the home counties who latched onto big teams in an attempt to make up for an extreme personality deficit, and overcompensate by being ultra smug.

It was sung back to them sarcastically when we or smaller clubs beat them.

Until somehow it was forgotten that it was for united and sarcastic and has suddenly been seen for for use in pointlessly singing it at a small band of weary Wolves fans as we scrape past their team in a half empty stadium.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The worse thing about it being sung last night was, the game was far from over, they came close to 3-3
What kind of special do you look when you get dumped outta the cup on penalties or something after singing that.

Tempting fate, never ever give the opposition ammunition, we are the albion and all to often feck things up :ROFLMAO:
Exactly. Also the Wolves fans were decent and travelled in ok numbers, fairly loud and had travelled to watch their dispiriting team, when they knew they had stuck out a B Team and were almost certainly facing a hiding to nothing. Literally the opposite of the fans you want to be smugging it up to.

It should be for our regular comfortable wins over united and nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here