Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "you've seen thee albion, now feck off home"

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I didn’t sing it as it’s shit but i took a rare trip into the North last night near the police box and almost everyone was singing it so it won’t stop.
(However I accept I’m not the authority on what should be sung or not, if I don’t like it, I don’t sing it, simples)

I was in the North, to the east of the big screen, and didn't hear this sung once! Makes me understand why the North stand rarely gets united in song.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Isn't it just the generational version of 'we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen' etc? Football supporters love a bit of hyperbole.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That and the Wemberlllly song

Don't fans EVER realise we are not through until the final whistle, to start singing at 1-0 early in the first half :facepalm:

Singing after 14 minutes has been played and we're 1-0 up is bonkers

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Imagine moaning there isn't an atmosphere then complain about people starting chants that are clearly lighted. There was 1/2 rounds of Que Sera Sera and 'You've seen the Albion'.

Classless, some people love to overact! If you don't like it, don't sing. Better still, start a chant of your own!!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Such as ?
‘Albion, Albion’. Repeat.

‘Seagulls,Seagulls’ repeat.

Any others ?

Norwegian Wood​

Song by 4 blokes from Liverpool​

We, have this young guy
Boy he can play, He's in our team.
He, showed me his skill
"Isn't he good, Jack Hinshelwood"

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Confession -- in the football fan universe, few things give me as much pleasure as being highly thought of by other fans. I occasionally look at other fan forums, especially in advance of a match, and I love to see them saying positive things about us as a club and as a set of fans. I know, I know... it's not supposed to be like that. We're supposed to hate each other but ultimately [cliché klaxon] there's much more to connect us than divide us. Most songs are fair game, or have become so ingrained that no one cares very much. But the 'f*** off home' one really grates. It's just so meaningless anyway. For the friendly at QPR I was sitting along the side near the home end. Losing 0-1, the fans of the Championship team thought it sensible to sing "You've seen the Rangers now f*** off home..." Madness.

Added. This got me thinking of the preview of the Brighton game written by an Everton fan on their forum, in August. I posted it at the time but thought it a good excuse to post again. Not much to do with the 'f*** off home' song but it offers an example of a different way of looking at rival fans. It damn near brought a tear to my eye:

"Usually there’ll be some pantomime jibing of oppositions in previews I occasionally type but I like Brighton. Maybe influenced by the zen state I find myself returning to football in but Brighton are alright, and alright is desirable in a league of unfortunate scruffy try hards devoid of genuine wit or redeeming collective qualities. Brighton is a cool place with easy humans and that makes my job to cruelly typecast them all the harder. Their community came together to repel recent social unrests which was a pleasant change. It’s good to be alright, alright is definitely aspirational. It’s loads harder to be a prick than alright which is why I’m unforgiving on those who go to all that effort to be a prick to others. Just be alright. We have a word for it in our city and it’s a really super aspirational model, that word is “sound”. Being sound means you’re a good person and company. You’re amicable and dependable. You’ll have friends, kiss more of the people you want, have more doors of opportunity open if you’re just sound. And anyone can be sound, as not everyone can be the funniest, the hardest, the craziest, the best looking or shape, but anyone can be sound. And it’s really easy. I hope more and more people in my city and on this island choose to just be sound. Celebrate sound people. Not pricks, even if their output is sadly hard wired for rubber necking in how we communicate too often these days on social media. Well in Brighton, for being sound."

What a load of bollocks. Want atmosphere? then any chant is good. So what if you old farts don’t like it. We need more of this to get an atmosphere going. Its been shite bar Utd at home, so far this season, because too many fans are too judgy, as this thread proves, and our support are all middle class Dads.

Probably the most stuck up snd infuriating thread in a while. Can’t stand fans slagging our support off, particularly the younger lot. They are the ones who give it a good go and create an atmosphere ffs!!!!

Christ you lot remind me of that weirdo from
NSK who thinks he owns the place and tells people how you act in the terraces, prize ****.

Fwiw that chant is a bit cringe, but aren’t most!?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a load of bollocks. Want atmosphere? then any chant is good. So what if you old farts don’t like it. We need more of this to get an atmosphere going. Its been shite bar Utd at home, so far this season, because too many fans are too judgy, as this thread proves, and our support are all middle class Dads.

I'm feeling attacked here! :ROFLMAO:

Isn’t it sung as panto more or less, as at Wycombe. Don’t think it’s anything to get irritated about, most fans expect it. If better chants ever come along, it will be sung less

Probably the most stuck up snd infuriating thread in a while. Can’t stand fans slagging our support off, particularly the younger lot. They are the ones who give it a good go and create an atmosphere ffs!!!!

Christ you lot remind me of that weirdo from
NSK who thinks he owns the place and tells people how you act in the terraces, prize ****.

Fwiw that chant is a bit cringe, but aren’t most!?

If you can boil all this down to a fun chant I’ll sing it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here