Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst TEETH related experience

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Got a huge hole in one of my teeth so I fear it may have to come out as to my untrained eye it looks like it might be beyond repair. Therefore, just to make myself feel a little better about my own sorry situation, I want to hear about your own teeth NIGHTMARES.

Go on. Make me feel less sorry for myself for not having maintained a decent dental heath regime over the years. :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Had to get two of my front teeth taken out at the age of 15 to let two MUTANT extra ones come down. Had a large ex-GAA playing dentist kneeling on my chest, using a structural pole holding the surgery roof up to stop himself falling oer, and cursing loudly while doing what felt like it was going to take my jaw out - the teeth didn't want to come out.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
School football - had to stoop for a header - eyes on the ball. Simultaneous contact with boot upwards on chin and ball downward on head.

Sitting dazed on the ground, spitting out blood and bits of teeth - the teacher (Benjy-Buckman) for any ex-De La Salle said "leave him boys - he's only looking for attention".

On a bike eastwards along Marine Parade - head down looking for a personal best - when BANG! - someone had parked a car along there. Which shown how long ago it as. Picked self, bike and teeth off the back of the car.

Needless to say my teeth are not a pretty sight.

Well S.Dolphin, most people have dental nightmares at some time or other. However, NOT looking after your teeth can lead to MUCH worse things than tooth-ache;

The mouth, if not maintained, can be a real hotbed of nasty bacteria. Ever smell someone with BAD BREATH? Well, they live with it because they don't even notice it - taste being the same basis as smell, they 'taste' their gradually deteriorating foulness all the time, to the point that they do not even notice - what has become - a horrendous smell worse than the bottom of an awful disposal bin!
Now- think about that terrible stench for a moment....and ponder the bacteria that makes it. Does the saliva kill it? Obviously not! So, you have a bacteria cesspit right there where you breath, swallow and speak. 'May as well lick the bottom of that disposal bin now, because THAT is basically what you have in your mouth.
Want to send those bacteria to your stomach, liver, kidneys, lungs? Too bad if you DON'T, because THAT is where they are heading, and on a regular basis! How about some stomach ulcers, maybe encourage possibility of cancer, or kidney disease, ready for that dialysis yet?
One more thing;- let that mouth situation get out of hand, and the teeth will actually harbour more and more bacteria - cavities with food that stays there in the bottoms for weeks? Bits of rancid meat between the molars, that only break loose when DECOMPOSED enough to disintegrate?

The human body had myriad numbers of wonderful ways to deal with bacteria, but why put it to the test.... when a simple and quick 2 minutes every morning and every evening will probably prolong your life?

BRUSH YOUR TEETH, save gum and tooth decay, prolong your looks and use of teeth (dentures will be a proper pain, and will consume way more time than brushing would have!).

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Watching TV when I was about 9/10 my brother decided to throw a cup at me which smashed my tooth into hundereds of tiny pieces and resulted in root canal removal and the whole shabang, very painful. We were still finding tiny bits of tooth months after the incident!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Having 4 pulled out so that I could have braces fitted at the age of about 11.

Horrible, and something I never ever want to experience again. I've been lucky enough to have never had a filling or aything though.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Had to have 4 teeth taken out so dentist decided to do 2 on one side first and then the other two a couple of weeks later. Went in at lunchtime and had the first two out and was told the aenesthetic would wear off in an hour or two. 8 hours later i was still waiting!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When I was about 8, I was physically restrained and held down onto the chair by a male dental nurse, whilst the dentist performed 4, yes 4 fillings in one session. The 4 back teeth top and bottom (molars? ).

I was kicking and screaming, crying and bawling all to no avail. My father, being a Yorkshireman, kept telling me to stop being such a cry-baby. Since that day I have been left absolutely petrified of dentists, and you can count on one hand the number of times I've been. I'm now 42 and admittedly have terrible, disgusting teeth, but am still unable to bring myself to go. I break out into a cold sweat, suffer nausea and start shaking just thinking about dentists.

If only I lived in the USofA, I could probably hunt the bastard down and sue the arse of off him squillions of dollars.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The last time I had a Really Big Filling done by my ageing, bearded NHS dentist in Cumbria.

I'd had it done in the late afternoon, so the anaesthetic started to wear off at about 9pm that night. I must have broken several bits of the Road Traffic Act as a sped to the late-night chemist in Tesco and bought up their entire stock of painkillers.

Second-only to that was the bill I received from my new dentist in London, who insists on doing my first course of treatment as a private patient before accepting me onto her NHS books. However, she's young, Australian, and has been trained in dentistry in the last ten years, meaning she knows how to do stuff without it hurting! I've had a root canal filling that, while time consuming, didn't hurt a bit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Oh and pasty has reminded me .......................

Mr Southgate (I think his name was) of Warren Way Woodingdean .................. had to take a tooth out using anaesthetic.

When I look back I can clearly see their concern and palpable relief when I came around. I was still sick the next day. I would like to know the conversation when I was out.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I had a filling come out last thursday in the second to back tooth at the top of my mouth. Took the pain until yesterday when I went to the Dentist who told me my two options were:

£103 to have the tooth out or £300+ for a root filling which only had an 80% chance of success.

Decided on the cheaper option which was horrendously painfull despite me lying about the effect of the injections and my face being numb for 4 hours after the event. Took about 5 minutes of yanking and twisting to get it out, apprently my roots were slightly barbed which is normally a good a thing but on removal is bloody painfull.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Some girl jumped on the back of my bike when i was about 10 and cracked a fron tooth in half, and it's been giving me greef since.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I had to have a root canal recently, as one of my teeth was in agony everytime I ate/drank something.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When I was 15, I had four milk teeth and two adult teeth removed. I was knocked out by gas. Christ, does that ever give you a headache.

But the worst is... I used to work in an office next door to a dental surgery. Every now and again you'd hear this high-pitched whine. Usually hard to tell whether it was the drill or the patient making the noise.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when i was a young one, i fell over a step and smashed my jaw onto a concrete wall, resulting in my teeth being knocked alarmingly out of place and blood everywhere

not as bad as when mick foleys tooth went up through his NOSE though

Foley-nose-tooth.gif

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Scotty Mac said:
when i was a young one, i fell over a step and smashed my jaw onto a concrete wall, resulting in my teeth being knocked alarmingly out of place and blood everywhere

not as bad as when mick foleys tooth went up through his NOSE though

Foley-nose-tooth.gif

Can't believe you went to the trouble of finding a picture of that.

SAD:jester:

Worst experience - having a brace, only to find that a year after it came off my front tooth had grown out of place again. Sack the orthodontist!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Can't believe you went to the trouble of finding a picture of that.

SAD:jester:

Worst experience - having a brace, only to find that a year after it came off my front tooth had grown out of place again. Sack the orthodontist!

you had a brace! i didnt think you could look more of a DORK than you do, but i was obviously wrong

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
When I was about 10, I was cycling and got distracted by a bird (the animal kind) on the road. I knocked out 3 front teeth and broke my nose in 2 places. I couldn't find the teeth anywhere. Thanks to the NHS, I have a swanky titanium implant, composite build up and a nose job. Thank God for the NHS.

Attachments

• metalmouth.jpg
    metalmouth.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 173

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Just annoying wisdom teeth trying to push their way up... no fillings here whatsoever though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here