Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst TEETH related experience

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
At the age of 12, I had 4 fillings, dentist did not give me any injections or anything, I had not had anything other than a checkup before so did not know this was wrong. Hurt like hell vowed never to go back.
12 years later had to go due to extreme pain, had to get a shit load done due to problems over the years which I ignored, though I still brushed everyday.
Cost a bloody fortune, gone regularly since.:censored:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i think im suffering my current worst teeth moment.

17 years or so of poor brushing/stupid amount of sugar has destroyed them. luckily i FLUKE it every time i go the dentists so probably nothing serious. just 'clean a bit harder' every time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had a couple of fillings as a kid, but had no memory of it being particularly painful.

So when one came out after eating a toffee a few years back, I thought "No sweat, I'll just pop in & get it replaced".

How wrong I was, the dentist had to drill the cavity out, and the nauseating feeling of the drill vibrating through my entire skull is still with me now, several years down the line

:lolol:

When it came to having two wisdom teeth removed, I chickened out totally, and opted for the general anaesthetic. Presumably if you have it done under local anaesthetic, you can't feel the pain, but surely you'd still be aware of the dentist hacking and tugging away at your tooth??

No thanks, a quick puff of gas for me, bit of time to come round, and Bob's your uncle, I was out and shopping by early afternoon.

:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I've had two teeth out under local anaesthetic, and yes you are aware of it happening, but it's not very painful, and doesn't take longer than a minute or so.

i enjoyed having my teeth out - especially when one of them snapped in my mouth, and the dentist had to grind away at it with what can only be described as a file

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scotty Mac said:
i enjoyed having my teeth out - especially when one of them snapped in my mouth, and the dentist had to grind away at it with what can only be described as a file

But can't you feel and hear them being ground down, or yanked out??

Oooh, it sounds nasty :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think this is the first time a thread on NSC has made me feel physically sick.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I had six teeth pulled out when I was a kid, and the sound of them cracking was the worst bit for me - right next to your bloody ear. Plus, of course, the sight of the dentist sweating with exertion was a wee bit un-nerving.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
When I was seven, I had some teeth out and was gassed. I remember being told to count to ten as the dentist held a rubber mask to my face. When I was fourteen, I had some more teeth removed, this time under general anaesthetic. The dentist must have given me too much anaesthetic as I was drowsy for days and had to have time off school. My dad thought that I was putting on the drowsiness. I wasn't that good an actor.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I had a filling this morning...now hurts like hell and I am off to a chinese Restaurant off Old Compton St with a raging tooth ache...rather be off to my bed :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Root canal job, infection got underneath the newly implanted filling/rubber/etc. Pain like you would not believe, had to call out an emergency dentist to drill it out because if he hadn't, I would have ripped it out myself.

Military dentists - one managed to spend half an hour braced across my chest whilst she tried to pull out the wrong one. If she hadn't been so good looking, I would have told her earlier.

Jul 25, 2006
ginadim said:
When I was about 10, I was cycling and got distracted by a bird (the animal kind) on the road. I knocked out 3 front teeth and broke my nose in 2 places. I couldn't find the teeth anywhere. Thanks to the NHS, I have a swanky titanium implant, composite build up and a nose job. Thank God for the NHS.

You're thankful for looking like that?!?!?!?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I don't look like that. Obviously, they have added a crown onto the metal stud. But I was stuck like that for a couple of months. Got some VERY odd looks.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Had a tooth out many years ago that had an abcess under it and the anesthetic did'nt numb a thing, would'nt have been so bad if the tooth had come out in one go but it kept breaking.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Scotty Mac said:
when i was a young one, i fell over a step and smashed my jaw onto a concrete wall, resulting in my teeth being knocked alarmingly out of place and blood everywhere

not as bad as when mick foleys tooth went up through his NOSE though

Foley-nose-tooth.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Simon says that I have to post a pic of my new mouth so that I don't look like a toothless freak. Yes, that is lipstick. But it's ok, cos I am female.

Attachments

• new smile.jpg
    new smile.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 32

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here