Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst sporting injury?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I used to race motorbikes and had many "off moments" - never broke anything mind - that only happens if you hit something hard or something hard hits you.

Quickest "dismount" was Hawthorns bend at Brands Hatch circa 120MPH - massive gravel-rash.

Worst (injury-wise) was at Clearways corner (Brands again) - last lap last corner and I was leading, some hopeful decided he would dive up the inside, lost it and collected me. Left leg was impaled on a catch-fence post, hospitalised and wheel-chair bound for about 2 weeks.

Oh plesant days ....

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Broken collar bone - Cricket

Broken ankle - Footie ("Don't worry, it's a nice clean break", the Nurse said.) :rolleyes:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Broken fibula when some no-hoper with 3 Bridges reserves chopped me from behind,circa 1967.On retrospect,should have sued.Told my team-mates he only meant it for a laugh.Hohoho.Thanks yokel.

1968,tib and fib v Patcham @ Greenleas.Total accident,and ended my football playing.Warned off ski-ing and skating,too,but no problem as walking was hard enough for several years.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Dislocated thumb as a schoolboy playing in goal. Still remember sitting in A&E and the Doc saying whats that up there, sudden pain and thumb no longer dislocated.

Broken toe some years later cleared the ball and got kicked by one of my own teammates .

Torn Hamstring couldnt play for 8 weeks.

Concussion after i headed the ball and an opponent connected with my head .

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i have broken a leg, ankle (has 2 pins in it) and 2 fingers, all seperate incidents whilst playing football. add to that plenty of pulled muscles. but the worst injury of all for me whilst playing football has to be tearing a muscle in my back. the 2 main muscles that go down either side of your spine. i tore one of those whilst turning underneath a high ball. i could hardly move for a few months. it took me about an hour to get from my bedroom to the bathroom which was next door, whilst all the time i moved it felt like somebody stabbing me in the back with a 10 inch blade.
and yes i still play football at the age tender age of 34 next month. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here