Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst sporting injury?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Playing rugby ....

Snapped the posterior cruciate ligament, tore most of the medial ligament as well as damaging the laterial ligament, apparently there are two very small ligamnets on the ourtside of the knee .... sanpped those as well. I also damaged the tendons at the back of the knee ..... all at the same time. The week before I had broke and dislocated my little finger and so shouldn't have been playing :nono:

Jul 20, 2003
rotated on left leg, bottom half stayed put, top half went around nearly 180 degrees - made a noise like a gun going off - dislocated left knee, torn ligaments ago go, cartilidge displaced tendons knackered - bit of a mess really left leg about half an inch shorter than the right by the time it was all fixed - still aches like hell when it's cold

plus in various football and swimming incidents a few broken/ dislocated fingers and toes and a spledind concussion and whiplash after coming off of my bike and having a disagreement with a lamp-post

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Dislocated right shoulder 6 times (twice after operation to tighten all the tendons)

Dislocated left shoulder twice

Cheekbone fractured in 4 places

Cracked rib twice

torn ankle ligaments twice

all playing football. Gave up football last October and now play golf as it is much safer.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Brighton Jock said:
Broke my leg in 2 places on a cold frosty December morning playing football for the school when i was 15
Left wing and right wing? You must be hard playing on after the first break.

Spiral fracture of the ankle. Substituted, walked off to the changing rooms not knowing how bad it was, dislocating my ankle doing it. Then down the pub at the end of the game for a couple of beers before going to the hospital. Op to pin the ankle.
Broken finger.
Ruptured fluid sac in my knee (from a team-mate).
All received while playing in goal.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Managed to turn my leg through 360 degrees skiing, it tore my achilles and corkscrew fracture of tib and fib, nine weeks in full leg cast.

Torn hamstring playing football, broke my wrist playing football, broke my thumb playing cricket, and fractured my fingers playing cricket.

Oh and had a cricket ball in the mouth, teeth went through lip and lost most of my front tooth, blood everywhere.

More than a few falls off my bike in the alps last year though, managed to get away with just grazes somehow.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Seagullible said:
where do I start!!!
...a £300 trip to the dentist to remove them some 3 months later.

You should find a local dentist and save on travel expenses.

I strained a buttock muscle once. 2 months i limped for.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Playing rugby: Various kicks on the hands and wrists when picking the ball up at the same time a big fat prop goes to hoof it. Had my kidney stamped on and could barely move and plenty of clattering tackles.

Playing football: Badly sprained my right ankle a few times. First time was the worst, trod on a sandbag and heard plenty of cracking sounds, swelled up like a bitch but didnt want to sit in A&E for hours only to be told its sprained. Looking back it was probably broken! Worst injury though was getting a knee from a teammate in the forehead. 2 inch gash ending just beside my left eye, blood literally spurting out and you could see the white of my skull! A few xrays to make sure I hadnt fractured my skull and 25 stitches later I was allowed home.

Now have a lovely scar, hence the username!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I dislocated my shoulder ice skating, which i managed to roll back in myself - and have done it numerous times since on various occasions

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I dislocated my shoulder ice skating, which i managed to roll back in myself - and have done it numerous times since on various occasions

Hey nice party trick. Can you dislocate it at will?

A friend of mine could dislocate a couple of fingers into discusting angles, and then pop them back in. Said it was a bit uncomfortable, but not really painful. He went on holiday to Spain, and kept going to those "Timeshare" villas where they offer you money and booze etc to go in, but you never get away. After about 45 mins, he'd pretend to slip over, get up with fingers all over the place, and his girlfriend would rush him out of there collecting their freebies on the way. Then on to the next one ....

Free money and booze for two weeks, then they came home.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seagullible said:
where do I start!!!
Broken fingers more times then I care to remember. Dislocated shoulder, the usual groin and thigh strains but probably the worst was when I got knocked out when claiming a ball from a corner. As I fell I was kneed in the head. Only out briefly so not much of a problem at the time but broke 2 teeth which ended up infected leading to 2 weeks off work in major pain and a £300 trip to the dentist to remove them some 3 months later.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

10 years ago I snapped my acchiles tendon, plaster for 6 months etc etc....two years later ripped hamstring in same leg.....this year tore ligaments in ankle and it still hurts like hell some 11 weeks later ( and it still puffs up like a baloon)

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Broken Right Leg
Broken Right Ankle
Torn Rights Ankle Ligaments twice
Torn Left Ankle Ligament
Posterior Cruciate Ligament Right Knee
Osteochondritis in both knees
Sciatica
Dislocated Right Shoulder
Broken Nose twice

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wondergull said:
Broken Right Leg
Broken Right Ankle
Torn Rights Ankle Ligaments twice
Torn Left Ankle Ligament
Posterior Cruciate Ligament Right Knee
Osteochondritis in both knees
Sciatica
Dislocated Right Shoulder
Broken Nose twice

and that m'lud concludes the case for the defence

:p

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Burst a blood vessel where it hurts most. didn't realise untuil I had a bath after the match and the water went red!!!! Worst experience of my life having the stitches put in.... and taken out!!!!:ohmy:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Redhead said:
I've bicycle kicked in the face by a team mate while contesting a header on the half way line, resulting in having to have my nose reconstructed (NHS nose job!). I've also made a last ditch goal line clearance and "Phil Babbed" The post.

Ankle knocked out of joint.

Damaged cartilage.

Torn hamstring.

Damaged tendon (still ongoing at the moment).

All are results of running injuries.

And a broken arm playing football. Apart from that I've not really been injured.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
tore ligaments in ankle area during a footy match by a particularly nasty tackle from behind. The ball, needless to say, wasn't even in the same stratosphere!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
this is a real 'mines bigger than yours' style thread isn't it!

3 x hamstring
Cartilage in both knees
1 achilles tendon

mid table mediocrity for me then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here