Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst sporting injury?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Ok, a little bit more serious now,im really bored tonight.

I have never broken a bone before but I managed to sprain my thumb 3 times (in three different occasions) after catching simple catchable ball while playing in goal.

Also nearly broke my finger while diving low after a cross and the attacker came into kick the ball, got the ball, which band my finger back, as well as my finger, all this just BEFORE a match and still played the whole game even though I was in a bit of pain.

I have been kicked in the leg going up to collect a ball on a one-on-one, the fucker nearly broke my leg and didnt even get booked, had a massive bruise on my leg for ages.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I pulled my hamstring when I played hockey.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
where do I start!!!
Broken fingers more times then I care to remember. Dislocated shoulder, the usual groin and thigh strains but probably the worst was when I got knocked out when claiming a ball from a corner. As I fell I was kneed in the head. Only out briefly so not much of a problem at the time but broke 2 teeth which ended up infected leading to 2 weeks off work in major pain and a £300 trip to the dentist to remove them some 3 months later.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
four front teeth broken and 6 stitches to head collision with goalkeeper ..was in hospital o/n with concussion and a mouth like Galon in planet of the apes for two weeks after .. and an even bigger dentist bill after !!

D

Deleted User X18H

Got a five a side ball (the green flourescent type) smack bang on the scrot between the goolies the good old scrot swells up like a balloon to protect them.......... but bloody painful.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

hove born&bred said:
Got a five a side ball (the green flourescent type) smack bang on the scrot between the goolies the good old scrot swells up like a balloon to protect............ them but bloody painful.
Before anyone else says it I am again talking bollocks.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Broke an eyelash playing bar billiards when I was young.:( :(

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Broken finger - basketball
Cracked Rib - Football
Cracked Skull - Not as bad as it sounds !...head collision football.

D

Deleted User X18H

Marshy said:
Broken finger - basketball
Cracked Rib - Football
Cracked Skull - Not as bad as it sounds !...head collision football.
Basketball when I last saw you in 1992 you were about 5ft 9in .............saying that then I was about 11st 5lbs and that certainly aint the case now.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Fractured 3 fingers playing cricket. Also dislocated a thumb, diving to try and stop a boundary. Knackered my achilles tendon doing cross country, and got concussed a few times playing rugby and hockey (some bastard hit me round the head with his hockey stick).

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I've bicycle kicked in the face by a team mate while contesting a header on the half way line, resulting in having to have my nose reconstructed (NHS nose job!). I've also made a last ditch goal line clearance and "Phil Babbed" The post.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here