Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your thoughts on the catering

Where do you normally sit and are you happy with the catering where you are?

• WSU - happy

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • WSU - not happy

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • WSL - happy

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • WSL - not happy

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • North - happy

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • North - not happy

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • East - happy

• East - not happy

• 1901 - happy

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 1901 - not happy

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As there is so much comment (good and bad) about the catering I thought it might be interesting to find out what peoples thoughts are about catering in the different areas. Just say where you normally sit and if you're happy with the catering.

I'm WSU and have no problems (although my order is usually a pint or pie&pint)

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
North stand - never had a problem to be honest. Religiously have a pie & a pint before the game & always been very nice with good service (apart from the festive pie - 'kin horrible!) The Mrs first game yesterday & she ordered a veggie pie, luckily she took the top off the pie before tucking into it, as she was given a steak pie by mistake!! Lots of apologies & immediate swap so no harm done, I just wish they would actually use the tick box on the side of the boxes so they know what's in each pie!!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
this really has been done to death.

yes it has but I can't work out if we have a big (ie all over the stadium) problem or if it's just isolated to one or two areas. As I said, I have no problem with the WSU catering - but my requirements are fairly easily met.

Sep 1, 2010
I go to watch the Albion play football. If there is a large queue or they are out of stock of something, i do not really care. If everything is running fine on the day i will have something. It's just a pie or a pint. I am much more consumed by the football on the pitch

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
yes it has but I can't work out if we have a big (ie all over the stadium) problem or if it's just isolated to one or two areas. As I said, I have no problem with the WSU catering - but my requirements are fairly easily met.

Your requirements could only be bettered if they sold victory cigars on exit.

For the record, myself and young H have given up on the pies, not so much because of the queues, but we think the quality ( perhaps no fault of Piglets, more the sogginess or burnt issue of cooking ) has dropped, now becoming hit and miss.

I find in the WSU the Harveys mini bars are brilliant, when they're there.

My main concern now is that the burger man at Falmer station ( our new pre match choice ) is becoming so popular, that we'll soon have a thread moaning about the length of his queue. :bowdown:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its fine, big crowds=a queue.

The pies are delicious and the beer is good.

Too much bloody moaning about nothing on here.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well worth a poll. Just to show we have a small number of people constantly moaning. Two or three absolute drama queens, have blown this out of proportion. I don't suppose we will have to wait too long before we get the same old shite repeated here by the same old tiresome windbags.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

wouldn't the poll we had last week which is almost exactly the same as yours have been sufficient

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
got my boy a kids meal for £3.50,= large burger, drink and packet of oreos. bargain. never a problem in the north. oh and he got a pair of clappers with the meal to annoy me for
the rest of the day

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No real opinion as don't indulge

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well worth a poll. Just to show we have a small number of people constantly moaning. Two or three absolute drama queens, have blown this out of proportion. I don't suppose we will have to wait too long before we get the same old shite repeated here by the same old tiresome windbags.

Oh do do one. The thread was fully warranted. The situation in the East is f***ing awful and there is nothing wrong with bringing that up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1901 and happy as Larry. Arrived at 14:15 yesterday and there was no one in the queue for food/pies and my chum got served at the bar immediately. We were parked up eating our pies, drinking our drinks and chatting to our favourite hostess within 5 minutes. What's not to like?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Why are there no chips?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here