Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your thoughts on the catering

Where do you normally sit and are you happy with the catering where you are?

• WSU - happy

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • WSU - not happy

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • WSL - happy

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • WSL - not happy

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • North - happy

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • North - not happy

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • East - happy

• East - not happy

• 1901 - happy

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 1901 - not happy

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Had a top notch 3 course meal in the Profile Lounge before Southampton game, great pies, free teas so very impresssed. Also have eaten in the East Brassierie and also impressed with the quality of food there

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
45% are not happy in the East which is a pretty high % for any self respecting catering establishment Al.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a top notch 3 course meal in the Profile Lounge before Southampton game, great pies, free teas so very impresssed. Also have eaten in the East Brassierie and also impressed with the quality of food there

Not Piglets Pies though :-(

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Been in the east stand a couple of times ( including yesterday) and don't understand what the fuss is about. It's a football ground. There will be queues. The queues aren't major and if one looks really long well it's aesy to move onto the next concession (did this again yesterday and found queue was half the length).

Think some people must have ridiculously high expectations or are just hysterical attention seeking drama queens.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Its fine, big crowds=a queue.

The pies are delicious and the beer is good.

Too much bloody moaning about nothing on here.

I wish everyone would move on, its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than last year and sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than other clubs.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Went WSU yesterday. No prob with queues like East. Need some fast track areas to help. It would also help if some parents asked their kids what they wanted before they reach the front of the queues as this causes a lot of hold up's.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So it's 64 (72%) happy and 25 (28%) unhappy but it's very close in the East (53% v 47%). If there is a problem then Azure/Piglets should look there to start with.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
North.

Happy enough but I do think with a bit more thought and organisation it could be better and the club would make a lot more money.

The Amex experience has been amazing but the couple of occasions I’ve cued for 20 minutes only to be told that most things have run out is very frustrating, especially when something as simple as a sold out sign would prevent people from queuing in vain.

That said, my friend who assists sports journalists at various grounds round the country and has been to the Amex twice said the corporate area he was in and the food was the best he has experienced anywhere in the country, he is also a Palace fan so would have been looking for faults more than the average visitor.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
62 votes in.

45 'happy' 72.6%
17 'not happy' '27.4%

That's a fair point when taken overall. As I said on the other thread, I sampled the WSU on saturday and the service, layout etc was significantly better that what I have seen in the east (and that's even taking into account the WSU was probably 70 to 80% full). In fact i would go as far as to say it was as good as anywhere I have seen at a football stadium (and I've been to over 120 in England and Wales). It shows what can be achieved and Azure have clearly put a lot of effort into it.

From a caterers perspective there were the mobile harveys units (at least 3 I believe), good flow of food into the hot hold areas and good temperature, Queues turned around very efficiently as well. From a facilities perspective there seemed to be significantly more shelf space than there is in the east stand. I dont know if this is because it is the upper area so less doors and staircases etc but it looked excellent.

So I look forward to seeing a simlar level achieved in the east - it needs focus but clearly it can be done.

north stand - never had a problem to be honest. Religiously have a pie & a pint before the game & always been very nice with good service (apart from the festive pie - 'kin horrible!) the mrs first game yesterday & she ordered a veggie pie, luckily she took the top off the pie before tucking into it, as she was given a steak pie by mistake!! Lots of apologies & immediate swap so no harm done, i just wish they would actually use the tick box on the side of the boxes so they know what's in each pie!!

After the game its a bit overcrowded,understand as its a meeting up point after the game,so why not open three outlets for just post match?
The other kiosk can't be as busy so move some staff before end of game.:moo:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
1901 Profile lounge.

GOOD
- You normally get served within a couple of minutes, mainly due to lack of people rather than speed of staff.
- We've now got Harvey's on tap rather than just out of the box which is sooo much nicer.

BAD (1st world problems)
- Not enough tables/seats/places to put drinks
- Unlike in the east stand 1901 we have to pay for tea/coffee after the match.
- I asked for a pint of coke, got two bottles in a pint glass, then got charge FOUR POUNDS SEVENTY! "It's because a pint is two bottles" - great, cheers for that.

Overall I enjoy the experience, it' has got much better but it does feel like it's run by kids sometimes. I'd say in a season or two it'll be running like clockwork.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've been in West Upper, West Lower & East...

West Upper is excellent as is West Lower, however, the half time service at the England game in the East was absolutely atrocious.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
can't complain. great service. the barmaid at wrexham was f***ing beautiful...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Another catering thread. The catering is rubbish. Has been since day 1. Please close this thread now. We don't need another 20 page Bin fest of bullshit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here