Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your reaction at hearing the "Micky is back" news?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Happened to catch it briefly on the regional bulletin on the beeb breakfast news. My mouth started to hiss an 'F' before I remembered my 2 and a half year old was next to me at which point I starting pacing through the house repeating "I cannot believe it".

The wife shouted from upstairs "What's happened? Who's died" :laugh:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Funnily enough the words "f***ing hell" were exactly those I uttered on getting the news. Thought it was a wind up or maybe a rumour got out of hand at first.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
found out on SS News at about half 10 and did a bit of wee in my pants

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I am off to sit in me seat at withdean as I am looking forward to the first game next season and I don't want to miss anything.

All of a sudden my season ticket is looking very good VFM.

Sad on wilkins but yady ya

Watching the local news on BBC1. Received the club's text message. Silently passed the phone to Roz. Quietly uttered the word 'Yes!' while punching the air. Walked upstairs to post the first comment on the new NSC thread ...

Excellent news!

And I'm not surprised.

... and then breathed a deep smile of satisfaction.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Watching the local news on BBC1. Received the club's text message. Silently passed the phone to Roz. Quietly uttered the word 'Yes!' while punching the air. Walked upstairs to post the first comment on the new NSC thread ...

... and then breathed a deep smile of satisfaction.

Do you think this is a good thing then as i see it as a step back

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Surprised but not shocked at Wilkins. Definitely shocked at Adams. When I saw the headline I first thought it was about Sussex cricket.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My first reaction, and ongoing reaction, is that I feel really sorry for Dean Wilkins. As for Adams coming back...didn't he walk away last time? Somthing NO Brighton fan would do to the club. I'll give my support to whoever is in charge but Deano has been well and truly f***ed over by Knight. Not impressed.

1066gull

Stunned. Mark Potter had a weird status on Facebook, saying wilkins out which confused me so I checked BBC Sport and I thoguht "f***ing HELL! MICKY'S BACK!"

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
My first reaction, and ongoing reaction, is that I feel really sorry for Dean Wilkins. As for Adams coming back...didn't he walk away last time? Somthing NO Brighton fan would do to the club. I'll give my support to whoever is in charge but Deano has been well and truly f***ed over by Knight. Not impressed.

Why has Dick Knight treated Wilkins badly? We don't know what happended, Wilkins may not want it himself.

Point is, he's not a good enough manager for a club looking for promotion. End of.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I nearly fell off the chair and after sharing the news with my wife she said "sounds good ......but did'nt he leave Brighton for Leicester".

and my first thoughts were for Wilko and hope he stays to make that DREAM TEAM

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why has Dick Knight treated Wilkins badly? We don't know what happended, Wilkins may not want it himself.

Point is, he's not a good enough manager for a club looking for promotion. End of.

He's been given the shove by DK in a season where we have improved our position, as for Wilkins wanting to resign from his post, I don't think so.

On what evidence do you think that he's not a good enough manager? I think he's exceeded most peoples expectations this year under the circumstances.

I'll support Adams, and I hope DW stays on as coach to finish the job that HE started.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I found out last night about 11:30. I went on to teletext to find out the Eastbourne result. Saw MA was back! It was a total shock. Still is! I'm very much on the fence at the moment.

I went straight on to NSC. Never got to finish the Sticky thread on MA's appointment. went to bed. Wife half woke up. Had to tell her. "That's nice dear" as she fell back asleep.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Uttering the word 'Yes!' and punching the air leads me to believe that Lord B does infact think this is a good thing. I might be wrong though.......

That was an immediate reaction though!!

I was the other way I thought what a cock up last night but after mulling it over and reading this for a bit this morning i am much more positive

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A mate forwarded a club text to me at about 10.30 last nite.

At first I thought it was a wind up.

Told XIV eye, Buzzer and my other mate soon after realising it wasnt .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here