Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your reaction at hearing the "Micky is back" news?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought "this is a f***ing disaster".

If we are going to replace our manager, then it had better be for a better candidate. Adams has done pretty much nothing for seven years and his bleating for a bigger job has left a bitter taste in my mouth I'm afraid.

Nelsons Left Boot

Mar 11, 2008
Rustington
Listening to the sport on radio 1 at 8.30am, just a quick mention right at the end, nearly crashed the car. Thought the girl must have got the team wrong until I got to work and logged on here.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Found out this morning through Brightonfans. Thought it was a joke! Couldn't believe my eyes.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Found out on Meridian news this morn at 8am and was saying 'Kids for god sake be quiet, why is there a picture of MA and DW on the screen?'. Then logged onto NSC to get the low down, oh yea and laughed a lot at the thread titled 'Thank you to the Wilkins out lot' or something like that.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Got woken up by Frutos texting me the news. Said 'f***ing hell', but only to myself as there was nobody else in the house...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

If we are going to replace our manager, then it had better be for a better candidate. Adams has done pretty much nothing for seven years and his bleating for a bigger job has left a bitter taste in my mouth I'm afraid.

Doesn't it just.

He was ACHING to get away from us last time round.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Email from my brother at 10.30 last night - absolutley brilliant news. Told the missus - she knows nothing about football so completely ignored me (as usual!) Told the cat - it carried on sleeping. Logged on to NSC and contributed to the meltdown!!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

miserable sod..... :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When did you hear? On Radio 1 at 8am this morning

What did you say? Nothing to start with, in shock at suddeness

Who did you first share the news with? Daughter was in the car with me, then (after checking on here I wasnt hearing things) rang the wife.

Did you use words like "f***ing hell" lots? No, due to above

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Once it had sunk in, I thought we could have done a bit better last season and, much as I'd love Dean Wilkins to make it as a successful manager, I think he's probably been over-reaching a bit thus far. So it's good and it'll make next season a great deal more interesting than it might otherwise have been. Which, as a fan and a paying punter, is what I want.

I also thought that my opinion of the term "never go back" as nothing but a bucket full of ARSEWATER stands true, even if this all goes horribly wrong: as has been pointed out elsewhere, for every Alan Mullery close to home, there's a Tony Pulis and a Harry Redknapp.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Been in a series of dull meetings with aresholes all morning. Slightly hungover too. No breakfast. Just had a double expresso. Now have logged on. What the f***????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my head is very sore and confused.

Oh, and in my weird head f***ed state I think DW did a good job last season so I'm a bit worried. Hope he stays and it all works out with us playing awesome football in front of a full Withers next season.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i was driving up the m5 from plymouth to taunton deane services to meet someone last night,just got to taunton sat having a drink when my brother phoned to tell me ! i was stunned

turned out i'd had a text from plymouth nige 1/2 hour before but hadn't noticed due to the fact i was driving

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I got woken up at 1 this morning by my boyfriend. I didn't believe it at first, turned on sky sports news and was confirmed - it wasn't a wind up.

Never used the words 'f***ing hell', mostly because I couldn't say much everyone was asleep and was shocked! .....then went back to sleep

(Although, we can't say for sure how it came about, it is quite unfair on Dean Wilkins. But actually quite glad really - didn't think he was a great manager)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My name is Sam Tyler. I was hit by a car, and when I woke up it was 1999. Are we mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, we can go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here