Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most HATED Band/Artist ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Phil Collins.

I wish he'd stick to drumming, at which he is very good.

My pet hate is Led Zeppelin. As a great Cream fan in the 1960's, I always resented the fact that in their early days I once heard them described as "the new Cream". And I didn't like their Music either. I borrowed their greatest hits album a couple of years ago for something i was working on - I wasn't going to buy it - and listened to it all through on a longish car journey, waiting to be really surprised at just how good they were..... and they weren't.

I have liked Jimmy Page elsewhere - particularly before LZ, and I have liked a lot of what Robert Plant has done since.

But has there ever been a more pretentious 7 minutes (or however long it is) load of drivel than "Stairway to Heaven".

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Queen...........there I've said it.

Oh and Status Quo.

Agree with both

Bohemian Rhapsody was a big hit in my final year at University - What was the point? In my view the worst record ever to get to Number One. Pretentioos rubbish.

Status Quo just strike me as a less talented, less musical watered down version oz ZZ Top. The latter can actually play.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Coldplay are shit but it's too easy to hate them, so my vote goes to Muse. Overrated, dull and every track sounds the same. People tell me they are great live but I could only enjoy them live if a) they were playing someone elses songs or b) the stage collapsed and they were all "tragically" killed in a freak "accident"..........caused by me!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Scouting for girls. If i hear any of thier talentless shite it puts me in a bad mood for hours.

How dare you slag off Scounting for girls and their creative lyric writing!!!!

"She's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly,
She's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly,
She's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly,
She's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly, she's so lover-ly"

Queen should definately not be mentioned on this thread, yes some of their songs could be deemed 'quirky' but they wrote some absolute genius stuff.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
U2 - purely because of Bono and the fact they think they are the biggest band in history.
Kings of Leon - mainly because of Sex on Fire but I find their other songs equally as irksome.
They are the only bands where I immediately change the station if one of their songs comes on.

There are lots of other completely WANK artists like Rihanna, Jay-Z and Fifty-Cent but I never really hear their "songs" on the radio stations I listen to so I can't get too angry.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Coldplay
Destinys Child
any X Factor Bollocks.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Any reality tv groups "singers"

Ollie Murs, One Direction... etc etc :shootself

Manufactured no brain simon cowell pop

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Philip Collins three reasons 1. back in the 80s during the last big ressesion he took his money all off shoure saying the taxes were to hight to stay here, while all of us had no choice and had to stay 2. told his wife he wanted to break up by text and 3. Played on one gig with Led Zep and made a complete hash of it

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As a confirmed rock fan I just can't appreciate Ozzy Osbourne. Very monotonous vocal tone matched by awful one dimensional stage presence. The one saving grace was that he had two great guitarists in Randy Rhoades and Jake E Lee

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agree with both

Bohemian Rhapsody was a big hit in my final year at University - What was the point? In my view the worst record ever to get to Number One. Pretentioos rubbish.

Status Quo just strike me as a less talented, less musical watered down version oz ZZ Top. The latter can actually play.

I am no Queen fan, infact they were close to going on my list for this thread. But come now this bit in bold is surely the a massive exaggeration.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agree with both

double post

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Can I nominate the England supporters band

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I am no Queen fan, infact they were close to going on my list for this thread. But come now this bit in bold is surely the a massive exaggeration.

By contrast I am a big Queen fan, but I can't stand Bohemian Rhapsody (not that it's the worst Number One of all time)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

What's wrong with a little hyperbole now and then? It just really gets on my tits. (Bohemian Rhapsody, that is.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here