Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most exciting ever BHA signing?

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
for the same reason I left peter ward off the list and bobby smith was before my time

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bobby Smith of Spurs and England fame....1963 I think.Couldn't believe he had signed for us!

Bobby Smith really was our most exciting signing ever and will probably never be equalled.

It would be equivalent to us signing Michael Owen tomorrow, except Bobby wasn't such a sick note.

Alex Dawson and Alan Duffy were such favourites that I named my goldfish after them.

There's a sentence in the link about the then Albion Manager, Freddie Goodwin, becoming concerned about Alex Dawson's weight. Whilst he'd never been "slim", even when at Man Utd, both he and Duffy were drinking pals at the Albion and from memory Duffy turned into a lardy chap quite quickly.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Frank Worthington without any doubt. What flair!
Was quite exited when Martin Chivers signed even if he was a bit past it and didn't stay long.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Got to be Jimmy Case...Must say i got a real buzz today though, really think the next 10 years is going to be an amazing time to be an Brighton fan and my god do we deserve it!!!!

He sounds like a phenomenal player, with a damn good scoring record, his career reads like a film script and to think he was a Busby Babe. Thanks for the info

Gary Sprake, the former Leeds goalkeeper in the 1960s/70s, says in his autobiography that AD was the most terrifying player he ever played with or against. My Dad used to say that he made players like Norman Hunter, Ron "Chopper" Harris, Ian Storey etc look like a bunch of pussies - he was really that frightening to see in action.

Ah well happy memories.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Spent a lot of his time in the bookies though, some of it with my dad.

I know, but in between those visits he scored a hatful of goals and got us promotion out of the old Div 4.

Bobby Smith absolutely is our undisputed most exciting signing. For those of you too young to remember him please go ahead and debate our second most exciting signing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Robbie Savage and Paul Kitson were met with much happiness

shame both turned out to be total pony mind

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Alan Biley!
alan_biley.jpg

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Calderon is quite exciting because it means we will have a positive summer of getting our targets eventually.

Bloom was also a massive signing and settled our future.

But the signing that has made me jump for joy the most is when Micky Adams was confirmed as coming back, I heard it on the radio and let out a massive shout of joy

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Calderon is quite exciting because it means we will have a positive summer of getting our targets eventually.

Bloom was also a massive signing and settled our future.

But the signing that has made me jump for joy the most is when Micky Adams was confirmed as coming back, I heard it on the radio and let out a massive shout of joy

and after a few months ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here