Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most enjoyable away league game of 2009/2010 season

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
They all sort of blur into one but...

1. Oldham - My favorite league away, thank god it was'nt 1-1 again!
2. Southampton - enough said
3. Exeter - Dominoes pizza at half time, late winner and stayed over saturday, quality night
4. Carlisle - great weather, good result, good day out
5. Tranmere - embarassingly poor game, good pre and post match drinks, and good night out in manchester afterwards. i.e. good away day!!
6. MK Dons - Getting squiffy and going dressed as a penguin was a laugh

In that order.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Charton (just about trumped Southampton as we had that ghastly run after that one). Oldham was a good day out though with great company on the Costa Express and a cracking goal from Elliott Bennett.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
My away record this season has been immense. Certainly picked the right games

Brentford 0-0
Millwall 1-1
Bristol Rovers 1-1
Wycombe 4-4
Southampton 3-1
Norwich 1-4
Wycombe 5-2
Walsall 2-1
Aston Villa 2-3
Leyton Orient 1-1
Charlton 2-1
Gillingham 1-1
Southend 1-0
MK Dons 0-0

14 away games and only 2 defeats and even they were against the League 1 champions and Villa. Long may it continue next season.

For me the 3 games that stand out for me are Southampton, Charlton and Villa. Bizarrely Villa probably comes last in that category as the importance at St Marys and The valley was far greater. They were just two great league performances and the atmosphere a both was top drawer. As was Villa as well of course but in a different sense. I suppose the 5-2 win at Wycombe also deserves a mention too.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Funnily enough my favourite away day of the season, despite the result, was Norwich. Mainly because of the pitchers of lovely ale flowing in the pub before the game. We even started stupid chants of "one Michel Kuipers" at Simth's increasingly depressing/hilarious ineptitude, despite the fact that God was injured! I'll apologise about that one now. The night was capped with a fun chat with 2 mental Stockport fans who had travelled all the way to Colchester and whose onward journey involved sleeping on a bench at Milton Keynes Station before getting the first train back to Manchester for work the next morning. And they got beaten as well!

Villa was also an amazing day out. Wallsall was another one that was a lot of fun for personal reasons!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here