Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most enjoyable away league game of 2009/2010 season

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Southampton as result was totally unexpected
Villa result was expected
Southend: I used to live there so any chance to put one over them is appreciated

and well done to all the away support; we did 11 games and only lost 2

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Wycombe in the cup and Charlton were both quality but I was on my own for them so definitely Saints cos I was with my dad and best mate.

:thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Only done 3 and loved them all.

Wycombe 2 Albion 5

Charlton 0 Albion 2

Villa 3 Albion 2

almost impossible to choose between them

Did you leave Charlton early?

:lol:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
1. Huddersfield

2. Carlisle

3. Tranmere

*1. Ending up standing in the unofficial Brighton contingent singing section, and joining in for the full ninety minutes as the goals rained in...

*2. That's a fu*king LONG round trip in a day, but worth it for a win :thumbsup:

*3. Another ground to tick off I suppose...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Southend was a nice day out, but Southhampton was probably THE best in footballing terms

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The 5-2 league game was better

This would edge it for me I think.

Horrendous hold ups on M25 going up, with me breaking my neck dying for a pee and enough "Are we nearly there yet"s to last me a lifetime, we arrived 2mins before kick off. Snow still lay round and about and the three U11's from my boys team that I took along were shivering. To make matters worse, all didn't start well in the game either.

By the end of the game we'd witnessed a 4 goal wonder-show from Mr. Glen Murray and not one, but 5 !, wonderfully exuberant celebrations over warmly accommodating floppy advertising hoardings. Then before we knew it it was happy trip home time with the next generation of ALBION supporters duly converted. Job done ! :thumbsup:

Mind you, Southampton and Charlton were, in pure footballing terms and atmosphere, absolute blinders ! :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1. Huddersfield

*1. Ending up standing in the unofficial Brighton contingent singing section, and joining in for the full ninety minutes as the goals rained in...

:clap2: It just ended up being hilarious didn't it? Especially when we started blocking the exits to stop Albion fans leaving after sixty odd minutes :lolol:

sussexstu

Jan 6, 2010
Definitely Charlton. Amazing atmosphere from us, and a great performance from the team. Also my mate decided to have a pre match bet on the 1st goal scorer, and put a fiver on Lua Lua. I told him he might as well have put his money on Calderon!! If only he had!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here