Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most disliked Albion player ever !!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I cant say I have ever disliked an Albion player although I was never Leon's biggest fan.

The one thing that makes me laugh on this thread and also a recent worst players trend on Twitter, is the amount of people saying Harley or even Barnes. They are both a country mile better than probably 50 players I could name. Anyone remember Paul Sturgess?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Dave Cameron for me. Utterly, utterly terrible.

Always wondered what the hell Joe Gatting was doing getting games as well.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
My favourite Crumplin moment was at the Godlstone. I think we were playing Pompey. Anyway, there were loads of balloons on the pitch just after kick off and some of the players were stamping on any stray balloon that came near them to pop it.

Crumps, being the genius that he was, went up to one big blue 'balloon' and thumped a hefty right foot down upon it it expecting a loud 'pop' only to see his knee shooting back up towards his chin!

After a second or two of puzzlement, he realized he had tried to pop a blue beach ball! The ball lived to fight another day and our genius ran off hoping his comedy moment had been seen by as few people as possible.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mark McCammon. Awful, awful player who capped it off by calling the phone in and seeming to blame the midfielders for his lack if goals. Probably an OK bloke but just never really liked him in the Stripes.

Other than that it would probably be Danny Cullip. Good player but didn't like his attitude towards some of his teammates at times. Always seemed quick to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

Even in those two instances, "dislike" is too strong a word. More if a case of never being their biggest fans.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
If they are wearing the shirt, I'm on their side. I want them to do well, and I cheer them on.

That said, Ive never really warmed to Charlie Oatway, from the very first match at Withdean v Mansfield, to the present day... the guy was probably the least talented of Mickey Adam's side, and he just seems like an annoying buffoon whenever he's interviewed. Anyway - he's probably a lovely bloke and all....

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Just googled Teddy and I thought he came from a London club a thought maybe it was Palarse but it was Chelsea. I just remember him not trying hard, a old boy close to me I remember shouting "don't bother moving teddy the ball will come to you sooner or later". The most recent player to have my dislike was Savage and was glad to see him go.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I always thought he was signed from Fulham? Our record purchase at the time as well. Or is my memory going?

Just googled Teddy and I thought he came from a London club a thought maybe it was Palarse but it was Chelsea. I just remember him not trying hard, a old boy close to me I remember shouting "don't bother moving teddy the ball will come to you sooner or later". The most recent player to have my dislike was Savage and was glad to see him go.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Richard Tiltman actual it was Barry Lloyd who said Tiltman was quicker than Dean Saunders may have been, but did not have the skills :dunce: how much did we sell him to Oxford for and then how much did he cost in future transfers.shame we did not have a sign on clause. :mad:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I always thought he was signed from Fulham? Our record purchase at the time as well. Or is my memory going?

Yes, Fulham....

From 1977/78:

Teddy Maybank
Forward. Born Lambeth, London. Age 20 (until 11 Oct '77). A big money signing who cost £238,000 from Fulham in November 1977. Started his career with Chelsea where he scored six goals in 28 Division One matches before joining Fulham for £65,000 in March 1977 after a successful loan period. Maybank was signed by Mullery to partner Peter Ward, and made an instant impact, with two goals in two games. However, he was hampered with knee trouble and missed two periods towards the end of the season, with Poskett deputising.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Richard Tiltman actual it was Barry Lloyd who said Tiltman was quicker than Dean Saunders may have been, but did not have the skills :dunce: how much did we sell him to Oxford for and then how much did he cost in future transfers.shame we did not have a sign on clause. :mad:

I thought we sold him for £60k

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Yep, the one giving the North Stand the finger and incapable of crossing the football without it going out for a goal kick. 'Football genius' was a pisstake.

'football genius' was a piss take at first but after the Liverpool game he actually became a half decent right back.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Joe Kinnear. Classy tottenham right back but came down here for an easy ride at the end of his career and really looked like he couldn't care less.

That attitude came to the fore when we blew promotion over Easter games at Millwall & Aldershot (think he gave away goals & may have even scored an OG) On our final Easter game, at home to Gillingham, he was stretched off with a broken leg that ended his career and many Albion fans were glad to see him go.

It's funny how his career as a player before Albion and as a manager afterwards, was so different to his time with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here