• John Burridge

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Some other horrible Palace bastard

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Thats a bit harsh and I think you know it (every Albion fan will defend Fozzie to the death). I always liked Geoff Thomas even though he played for your mob. Always seemed to give 100% and even though he was never going to win Mastermind always seemed to come across like a reasonbly intelligent chap during interviews (compared to the other numpties of every team around then).

Was he worth an England place, I don't know but England were shockingly bad in the era when he played, if I recall correctly that was when people like Wise and Carlton Palmer were picked regularly - which shows how bad we were under Taylor.

I never knew he got Cancer, is he alright now?

Hello mate.

He was diagnosed with leukemia back in 2003, he recovered after having bone marrow transplant & now does huge amounts of charity work for The Geoff Thomas Foundation including riding the Tour de France course. He's raised well over £1m since the foundation was created all for leukemia research.

A legend & a good man.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hello mate.

He was diagnosed with leukemia back in 2003, he recovered after having bone marrow transplant & now does huge amounts of charity work for The Geoff Thomas Foundation including riding the Tour de France course. He's raised well over £1m since the foundation was created all for leukemia research.

A legend & a good man.

and also provided my funniest england football moment with THAT shot

Henry Hughton can be the only winner of this poll, AJ may have scored the goals against us but he didnt finish a footballers career.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The one I always disliked the most was Phil Holder. Little shit as I remember (and that in a team of various sized shits)
Truth is its probably because he always had a good game against us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I voted Hughton, but could have equally voted for Mickey Droy, the dirty, useless lump of shit; or Vince Hilaire, who was clearly addicted to playing for shit clubs as he moved to Portsmouth. Mind you his afro coupled with his tricky wing play would have given NSC's flairniacs a real headache.

Last edited:

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Love your signature,was at the game and remember it very well.
On motd that night as well.:thumbsup:

Glad you had the joy of being there Wigman.

I cannot remember it being on MOTD but I'm sure you're right.

My one abiding memory of that game was near the end. Chris Ramsey came over to touchline to take a throw and as he approached a bunch of Palace scum gave him some terrible racist abuse.

Chris stopped, looked at them,smiled a big grin and slowly raised his hands to chest level and , with his fingers , made the 0 -3 sign.

Man you should have seen those retards dance ! Classic moment !

:clap2:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
i'd say UNluckily as they'd be a decent partnership

there are few in the league better than zamora at holding the ball up and linking play, and johnson has the ability to be a good "run around a bit and puts the ball in goal sometimes" type player (although he hasn't really shown it at everton/fulham imo)

but if you're trying to claim that zamora is shit then you probably have some form of severe mental illness

AJ was sold to Everton for £8.5 million, we paid NOTHING for him as he arrived as a makeweight when we sold Clinton Morrison to Brum - and later got him back at a discount.

So we made £8.5 million clear.:thumbsup:

How much did you sell Bobby to spurs for? Was it even seven figures?

If there's a mental problem it is or was in the Albion accounts department. But then having a millionaire behind you Rodders, you probably don't worry about money any more.

Neith did we when Jordan started off though...:facepalm:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
and also provided my funniest england football moment with THAT shot

Henry Hughton can be the only winner of this poll, AJ may have scored the goals against us but he didnt finish a footballers career.

Well in THAT case Palace should hate George Best, he broke Ian Evans' leg, our captain at the time, and effectively finished his.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Either Jim Cannon, David Swindlehurst or Rachid Harkouk. Even the names sound dodgy.

Both Cannon and Swindlehurst had dodgy taches. Harkouk received a suspended jail sentence, alongside team-mate Barry Silkman – now a players’ agent – for passing counterfeit money which they had apparently received during a match against a prison team.

That sums up Palace in that era, dodgy taches, dodgy players and dodgy matches against prison teams............can only be Millwall.

That time fixed in my mind why I hated Palace and will continue to do so.

brightonRscum

Dec 30, 2009
Palace 5 brighton 0 LOL
I can't believe that Dougie Freedman wasn't on that list - remember 2005???

:bowdown: Legend

100th Palace goal v Brighton 20th Nov 2005 Scum 2 Palace 3 :bowdown:

Attachments

• article-0-021C316100000578-294_468x647.jpg
    article-0-021C316100000578-294_468x647.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 58

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here