Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Sussex Village ?

Barrel of Fun said:
Ah!

Thank you. I was getting confused with East Dean in West Sussex, East Dean in East Sussex and West Dean.
What about West Dean in West Sussex? That's a nice place.

Or Westdene? No thank you. Too many football supporters rampaging around on Saturday afternoons for my liking. It's a living hell, or so I've heard.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The Large One said:
Coulsdon has a Croydon postcode, Crawley has a Redhill postcode. :thumbsup:

That means Burgess Hill does as well. How weird.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
ginadim said:
Pulborough is awful. And if you have the misfortune of living in a surrounding village, you have to include Pulborough in your address. No idea why.

I used to have similar views about Pulborough, but I know someone who has moved there recently and it has a lot going for it. A real local community, great views and walks, good variety of shops and a station.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
You've obviously never been to West Dean, which is hidden by Friston Forest but is, in fact, a nearer village to the walk down the meandering river at Cuckmere Haven.

And very nice it is too.

Agreed. You can conjure up a real picture in your mind of how it used to be when the posh houses were farms. Lovely.

Rodmell and Piddinghoe (where my family are from) are two more attractive ones.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

Incidently Horsted Keynes is very nice but is let down by the fact it's in the middle of nowhere. Alfriston though is in a decent location, and is a cracking village.

That's a large part of its attraction. Not being on the way to anywhere means the roads are quiet and no major traffic problems. Traffic is what spoils villages such as Lindfield and Ditchling.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
il vote for Lindfield,

it was voted best village in Sussex for 5 years running before they were banned from entering the competetion again :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Timekeeper said:
Barns Green, 5 miles south of Horsham :clap:
good shout Bobby... hope I am still being lined up for a game of cricket August Bank 'Olidee weekend...?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
folkestonesgull said:
Horsted Keynes - I grew up there -its got a perfect little village school, church and green, shame about the crown though..:wave:

My dad, uncle and grandparents are from Horsted. Beautiful place.

The Green Man pub was in my family for generations.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
folkestonesgull said:
Horsted Keynes - I grew up there -its got a perfect little village school, church and green, shame about the crown though..:wave:

was that the pub destroyed by fire during a storm??

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Piddinghoe, shame it lost it's pub though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here