Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite Sussex Village ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Winchelsea is hard to beat.

Pulborough has a lot going for it.

Horsted Keynes is a "proper" village with a village green ... shame about the burnt out shell of the Crown still there after all these years.

East Dean (the one in East Sussex).

Some of the villages under the Downs have that special olde worlde feel to them: Wilmington, Firle, Alciston.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Surprised no one has mentioned Lindfield yet!

Although I've only been there once, Alfriston was quite nice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Marc said:
That Council Estate?! no thanks! ;)

Bramber for me purely for all the good times I've had there.

Yes, I'm quite proud of the fact that my parents lived in council houses. True working class.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Grendel said:
The only people who call Lindfield a village are its residents. To everyone else, it's a suburb of Haywards Heath.

Not really true, think Lindfield is a great village and hardly a suburb of that terrible town Haywards Heath.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Denton/South Heighton. Very nice countryside.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would probably put Ditchling in the top 3

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Grendel said:
The only people who call Lindfield a village are its residents. To everyone else, it's a suburb of Haywards Heath.

agree with that

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Rushlake Green for the massive Green and mad Morris Dancers, bit of a poncy pub but they do lovely home made Pate. Hellingly is also quite nice when its not underwater. All close to the Hailsham, the cosmpolitan centre of Sussex.:p

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Arlington, due to the bloody nice pub/restaurant called The Yewtree there.

dougdeep said:
Denton/South Heighton. Very nice countryside.
One of the best bits of electioneering was getting round the bits of my area that I rarely have cause to visit.

Norton (in South Heighton parish) is simply amazing. And Tarring Neville was well worth a visit too. Parts of South Heighton are surprisingly attractive.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Grendel said:

Spoken like a bitter Haywards Heath resident.

lindfield.jpg

How can you associate a place that looks like that with Haywards Heath?!

(obviously my argument is flawed as i'm a Lindfield resident...:lolol: )

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I live in Burgess and regard Lindfield as a rather nice village in its own right.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have never liked Pulborough at all, always found it a bit rough, particularly the Swan pub...I grew up in Storrington, it was completely off bounds, full of punchy jockeys.

Beachy, Amberley is really stunning, generations of my family lived there...apparently there is a building named after my great-great grandfather, or so someone told me. One of my relatives was a lime burner in the chalk pits, so at least I have a claim to fame that I am descended from someone who played a part in creating the set for a James Bond film...think he died by drowning in the Arun.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Withdean Wanderer said:
How can you associate a place that looks like that with Haywards Heath?!

(a) because Lindfield doesn't exist as a postal address - it comes under Haywards Heath and (b) you can walk from Wilmington Way to Backwoods Lane in two minutes without realising that you've left Haywards Heath and entered a so-called village - there's no boundary between the two whatsoever.

The only reason I'm bitter is because Lindfield has the Stand Up and Haywards Heath doesn't :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here